Southbank New Music Biennial

Anyone going to any of these free shows this weekend?

Got the Gazelle Twin w/orchestra booked and Dialogue set. Forest Swords dj set tomorrow night as well.

Ooh didnt know this was happening but looks like loads of interesting stuff. Got Saturday afternoon free so might head over. Would like to catch Arun Ghosh’s new thing

I’m there the whole weekend with work as we’re a partner, hoping to be at most of them on Friday and Saturday.

Really looking forward to Klein, Gazelle Twin, Shiva Feshareki, Numb Mob, Forest Swords, Ed Finnis and Jessica Curry’s pieces. Quite a few of the concerts are starting to sell out so worth booking tickets if anyone’s thinking of heading down.

Forest swords (both shows) and Gazelle Twin for me, whoopee!

Yeah going to Numb Mob, Forest Swords (both his ensemble collab piece beforehand and the DJ set afterwards - Lotic is also playing), Shiva and a couple more across the weekend. Really looking forward to it.

I went to it a couple of years ago, the new NMB commissions are actually only 15 minutes long (and performed twice in a row, with a conversation in the middle) so they’re really nice little tasters rather than having to commit to a full hour or so of stuff.

Went to this yesterday, was a great day out with lots of interesting styles of music for free! The Gazelle Twin / Max De Wardener orchestral piece was excellent, also enjoyed Sarah Tandy’s set.

For anyone who couldn’t make it, you can listen to these shows on Radio 3

Have had a great time checking out stuff across the weekend. Immix Ensemble and Forest Swords piece was my favourite probably, interesting concept and sounded beautiful (basically mirroring sounds of construction sites onto classical instruments, with a charming interview too), and FS/Lotic’s dj set aftershow in the lobby was a blast, Klein’s piece was OK and really enjoyed Claire Singer’s organ thing. Numb Mob’s piece was nice too. Wasn’t huge on the Gazelle Twin thing but think I’ve been spoiled by seeing her live too often.

So great that all of it was free. Such a nice little festival.