đź‘ľ Retro Gaming Quest! - A DiS Adventure - đź‘ľ

Enough of this BloodSouls nonsense!

Pick an old game from your childhood that you never played/managed to beat and complete it this year!

My choice is gonna be:

Loved the second one as a kid, one of my favourite RPGs of all time but never got past the first hour or so in the first one which I tried later.

Will it stand the test of time?! I will let you know.

NOW YOU CHOOSE PENOID!

4 Likes

Haha… oh dear god, this game still haunts me -

I couldn’t even get past the first level!!! What the fuck!?!?!

1 Like

Honestly though there’s no way I’m going near that game, in reality I want to finish this -

3 Likes

Back to the Future III on the Megadrive isn’t really possible.

Look what happens within seconds of it starting:

Ugh, and it’s all dark and dingy… don’t think I want to play this one again. Think I’ll just try and complete Shining Force II instead.

3 Likes

that’s the spirit but this looks shiiiiite

I’ve only ever played this one on an emulator, and the ROM I was using was broken, so that the first time you went to the past it crashed irreparably. Shame, I was really enjoying it!

one of the best games ever, good choice!

1 Like

had it on dreamcast twice as a young teen, but never got far. Bought it again recently. I’ll finish it this time.

4 Likes

good going team!

Haha!! I think it’s meant to be… I couldn’t really tell after mindlessly walking around ONE room a million times. Piece of shit.

also, weren’t cool enough to be a megadrive kid? :stuck_out_tongue:

never completed this one but I got pretty far in the 2nd one, I loved the pretentious moralising dialogue in these games as a teenager.

Haha, I’ll have you know I had a SNES AND a mega drive… I just thought SNES was way better :wink:

1 Like

oh you were one of THOSE!

Yeah all in all you’re probably right but megadrive had some hidden gems.

I came SO CLOSE to finishing this (on the Dreamcast!) and I can’t remember why I never saw it through. I still have a DC, it’s still wired up to my TV, and I still own a copy of this, and it’s aged very well, so… it’s ON.

2 Likes

Great idea.

I never managed to get too far in this one, but remember the first person “VR” elements were trippy as fuck for my child self.

3 Likes

Can I just shock you? I’ve never completed a Final Fantasy game.

2 Likes

I bet this will be hilarious

ships probably sailed to play FFVII for the first time now but I feel bad for you :frowning:

2 Likes

I was and you’re right. When I was at uni someone gave me all the games for the mega drive on my laptop… this in particular was erm… something?

3 Likes