👾 Retro Gaming Quest! - A DiS Adventure - 👾

I had both too, but we only got the SNES in like… 1998? Or maybe even later. Second hand at a car boot with loads of games. Donkey Kong Country III is incredible, though the second one has better music.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I had ff seven all the way back in the nineties, can’t remember how far I got with it (even with a tips book) but definitely never finished it.

YES!!! I loved the Donkey Kong games.

1 Like

I never liked michael jackson as a kid and I think this game probably contributed strongly

1 Like

disagree. massively. i finished it for the first time in 2012, and it got my gf into videogames in 2013. it’s still incredible, especially if you try the PS4 port.

1 Like

I just started a playthrough on an emulator with beautiful fake CRT scanlines <3

1 Like

i adore 32-bit style games. i’ve got such a soft spot for the art style. FF7 and 8 <3

1 Like

there was a guy in school who said that when you completed it, it would prompt you to enter a date, it would then take you to this date somehow

1 Like

Here’s one on the mega drive I was a bit obsessed with but never quite managed to finish :cry:

6 Likes

nice!

i also still have a DC (solely for Shenmue 1 and 2) but picked up the PS1 version this time cos i can whack it in the PS3. will prob regret it

1 Like

toe jam and earl 1 was such a brilliant game

1 Like

Procedurally generated landscapes with a funk soundtrack!!!

2 Likes

this is the best thread

i also intend on finally finishing Goldeneye at some point. I’m stuck on the second to last level.

1 Like

Fucking hell! Not much time to settle there.

1 Like

Loved Toejam and Earl, especially the hyperfunk zone!

2 Likes

looks how amazing I can get streets of rage 2 to look with some nice scanline shaders

it’s like a fucking work of art!

15 Likes

CREATURES

The last game on the C64 that I got, it was brilliant but I never got very far.

There was game I saw in Clery’s in Dublin once, I think it was for PCs. I never found out what it was but it looked brilliant, the only thing I recall about it was platforms and bubble-like characters

The perspective too, it felt like there was nothing else like it. Such pure fun.

1 Like

Played this again fairly recently. The animation of him going “ooowwww” after the first level does me every time.

1 Like

This, Silent Hill 2 and Sonic & Knuckles are my favourite soundtracks of all time!

This track man:

1 Like