Speculate who on these boards you think own either a pair of Hunter or Le Chameau wellies

I would speculate that I own a pair of Le Chameau because I do.

Rocked up to Roskilde minus wellies a few years back to be given the news that the site was already a mudbath on the Thursday and I would be crazy to attempt it without wellies. Copenhagen had already been absolutely rinsed of all available pairs of course, so Le Chameau were the only pair I could find (in a gentleman’s fishing and shooting outfitters natch). Made an already expensive festival visit somewhat more expensive. Damn good wellies in fairness.

Also, the Danish word for wellies, gummistøvler, rolls off the tongue very pleasingly…

Is this the things you don’t find attractive thread

Gummistiefel in German.

Lot of justification of your Le Chameaus there. Do you look down your nose at Hunter wearers?

Hunter wellies are really bad quality - even more so since they moved production to China.

Dunlop wellies are the ones that all the proper rural-types wear and Hunters are worn by those that also have a large townhouse in west London.

One of the CCB family’s favourite things to do on a Sunday afternoon is go for a walk in the woods. It’s muddy, there are massive puddles everywhere, there’s a bit off the path where Forest School students have set up dens and things. The girls absolutely love it. (It’s also become tradition to do “we’re going on a bear hunt” half way round - I hide behind the same tree every time and then pretend-chase them back to the car).

I used to do this walk in a pair of old running shoes but was tired of having to put them through the wash / do half the walk with wet socks. So I bought some wellies. Hope that’s aided your imagination.

2 Likes

Don’t let him get to you!

Ha, I’m not bothered really. EmO’s a good egg, and a very stylish one.

1 Like

Would definitely need a proper pair of wellos to muck out the alpacas

I make it a point of principle to look down at all people at all times 'lonzy…

Some one on here once used the term Nebuchadnezzar for a large bottle of champagne, they definitely have smart wellies

Comes on Mangs, if you had a Nebuchadnezzar you would use the proper name.

1 Like

That’s probably the point though I don’t have a Nebuchadnezzar.
Anyway the mango doesn’t mess around I only drinks cocktails.

Further proof that we were separated at birth :wink:
Yeah, if I go to a festival I’ll buy some cheap shit pair of wellies for a tenner.
Ideally cut about in my old converse.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:heart:

I knew I would get someone, but I didn’t want it to be you! :wink: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

Just so you know all the Le Chameau wellies come from my workplace.

Fun fact about Bamnan

Are you going to hook us up with cheap ones?

Afraid I can’t.

Just want to register my total respect for how masterful this riposte is :smiley:

2 Likes

Muckboots. Technologically superior and class-neutral.

1 Like