Spice World: The Thread

There will be no respect given to the trolley until a photo is posted and it can earn my respect.

Surely ground coriander seed is a spice.

2 Likes

Not WFH today, I’m afrid.

Shelves in bathroom and then some boxes/baskets. Toilet roll gets decanted onto the shelves.

Baskets are KEY to a house. Just shove shit in them and put them on a shelf

I saw a bathtub the other day that had sides that sort of spring out, so you can store things in it. Like those ottoman storage beds.

It looked like a really stupid idea.

this is incorrect in at least two different ways

Not getting involved in this debate, I’m clearly out of my depth

Not seen a spice rack in years. Bit 1980s weren’t they? Just keep mine on a shelf tbh.

Very nearly but something about herbs being included in the OP…but I didn’t.

Coriander’s totally shit mate

1 Like

That sounds very weird.

I’ve got some decanted into tiny tupperware things in the cupboard, that I’ve forgotten to label.

Maybe some of you spice academics know all of the spices by sight/smell, but I don’t, therefore I’ve got no idea what I’m doing. Cooking by instinct is the best way to cook anyway, everyone knows that.

[Knock knock]
Who’s there?
The best spice.
Oh, hi! Cumin.

8 Likes

I did not like it.

Also in Wickes yesterday the salesperson said it would take 28 days to order in any shower screen. We left.

This is now the misc bathroom chat thread.

can identify (most) spices by sight alone

• y
  • n

0 voters

if i can’t tell by sight alone, smell will give it away

• y
  • n

0 voters

I am so basic i need to read what’s written on the jar, even if it’s mislabelled i won’t have a clue i’ll just chuck it in

• y
  • n

0 voters

I’d read and maybe even participate in a thread titled ‘DiS organises SenorDingDong’s spices by sight only’

Got a couple of these babies:

5 Likes

What a weird lie.

how come they don’t fall out

Keep our spices on a couple of mini stepped ledges under the smaller window in our kitchen.