Spielbergs (for fans of early early Idlewild, Japandroids, Beach Slang etc)

Such a shame that ‘Daisy! It’s the New Me’ and especially ‘Ghost Boy’ didn’t end up on the album. That debut ep really was special.

1 Like

I just really liked it up until Bad Friend, then the run of that through to the end sent it stratospheric for me.

And yeah now you mention it @thesewoodenideas it looks like American Football too, I’ll stick with that rather than Feeder!

1 Like

Agree that the ep was phenomenal but i was glad they didnt chuck it all on the album. Feel it gave them space to explore more and perhaps songs like nfl , familiar and forevermore may not have been included which would be a real shame

1 Like

A much more rounded album than the ep let on

Offt looks like this is an issue
https://twitter.com/mwbolton45/status/1092877374935449601?s=19
https://twitter.com/spielbergsband/status/1092879296694312961?s=19

Ha, I just e-mailed the label last night cos I noticed that one track was missing - the You All Look Like Giants song.
Got a response this morning saying there had been a error made while pressing (??) the CD. The y sent me a link to a Dropbox folder where I could download the song.

Damn what an awful thing to happen. On their first LP and on a fledgling label too.
Luckily the lp is okay.

Yeah, it’s a shame for the band and the label.

Here’s the response from the label…"I can only apologise for this one. There has been a manufacturing error meaning all then CD’s are missing a track. The teething problems of a new label!

Would be happy to send you a download for that song on WAV / MP3?

Thanks for understanding – we kicked up a real fuss with the manufacturers about this!

And thanks for the kind words too."

No point in causing a fuss about it…it’s just been a genuine mistake. Never heard of this happening before though!

1 Like

If the manufacturer mucked up you’d like to think they’d repress the cds correctly for free.
Who knows though.
Crazy.

I was quite surprised when I found out this band were from Oslo.

1 Like

Okay, I’m part the way through this (having loved the Distant Star EP) and it’s fantastic, hits all the right buttons, massive Japandroids-esque hugging sound to it all. Lovely stuff.

1 Like

Oh wow yeah! Didn’t know any of them were still doing stuff - will check it out…

Weirdly (or perhaps not), Distophia was the band that came to mind listening to the Spielbergs album.
+1 for the album love-in btw, early contender for AOTY for me.

The drummer from Johnny Foreigner, Junior, plays drums in this band I believe

1 Like

Oh hello tuuune

‘We Are All Going To Die’ is obviously a banger and one of their best but whats going on with the riff that starts around 2:33? How am I meant to fully lose my shit to it when I don’t understand the time signature?

TONIGHT!!!

1 Like

Just back from Glasgow gig!

I’ll start with the negatives…there was only 30 people there. I hope that doesn’t put them off coming back to play Scotland.

Other than that it was just amazing. A perfect set list!

We Are All Going To Die is one of the best songs recorded in the past decade but it’s somehow 10 times better live! Mental!

The drummer is a powerhouse, especially in WAAGTD.

Enjoy the shows in England folks!

3 Likes

Only 30 people there?! Probably should have let folk know the set times :wink:

1 Like

Fucks sake.
Hopefully word spreads about how great they are.

1 Like

Yeah it was a fucking brilliant set. Short and sweet, if every song is brilliant then 45-50 minutes is plenty. But yeah, 40 people there max.

Thought support were ok, only saw two songs but they then stood next to me and talked right throughout the gig - bellends.