Sports Records That Will Never Be Broken...

How long do you reckon it took AS Adema to twig what was going on and just start shooting from the kick off?

And in a similar vein:

apologies if you have it in your sights :smiley:

1 Like

oh i see :smiley:

Like with everything, i blame the kids!

AC Green’s consecutive games played in the NBA will be very tough to beat.

1,192 games in a row. Missed three games in his 2nd season, then never missed a game again!

was an interesting discussion in an F1 thread on here, can’t remember if it was the 2021 or 2020 thread, I think Verstappen is better because he has so much potential, others said Vettel is better because of what has actually achieved - feel free to give your thoughts in here

Not that it’ll happen too soon, but I can forsee a future where the average season is 25 races long. So maybe not Max, but the next great or one after that.

Pele’s goalscoring record. Mainly because new (old) goals keep coming out of the woodwork from non-competitive games nobody except Pele seems to remember.

Not even top 5 any more it seems;

He’s still top if you count friendlies and kickabouts in the local park with jumpers for goalposts:

2 Likes

i wonder if ronaldo can top Daei for international goalscorer.

Will be a good while if ronaldo doesn’t get it…

A N.I guy called glenn ferguson scored 563 goals in his career and only had 5 caps for N.I??

Love finding random shit like that…

1 Like

Adam Hansen’s 20 consecutive Grand Tours. As much as anything, I doubt anyone could be arsed trying.

3 Likes

Outstanding by Andy Cole

6 Likes

I really hope he doesn’t get there.

5 Likes

I hope he gets within one goal of the record, in his last ever appearance, and is about to score when this happens again:

13 Likes

Tiger has got plenty of records that won’t ever be touched including most cheats on a partner probably.

This record is insane though: 142 consecutive cuts made, lasting from 1998 to 2005.

imagine messi scoring another european golden shoe (to a sold out audience), a seventh. him and ronaldo are neck and neck for it now. it finishes like that, the joint award ceremony at the end of panny d and both of them are on stage accepting the award and messi goes shirt over head to unveil ‘lm7’ t, scenes! the world is back, baby!

1 Like

Ger Canning broke Shefflin’s record at the weekend and has since announced his retirement. Table looks like this. Horgan or Reid won’t catch him now.

Annotation 2021-07-28 143101

1 Like

Don Bradman’s test batting average

Don: 99.9 runs
Next highest: 61.8