Spotify Family / Free Google Home Mini

We got one. Discovered my wife’s account had been hacked ages ago (“Oh right. I was wondering why it stopped working on my phone”). So two birds with one stone and all that.

1 Like

TVM tellyjeansdude :+1:

1 Like

I just got one of these. Not even sure I wanted one but free’s free innit?

Cheers for the heads up :+1:

1 Like

Yeah my logic too, would never have got one of these but can’t say no to free stuff, even if it’s for a mega-corporation to spy on you every minute of every day.

This is definitely the plot to a doctor who episode where everyone ends up as cybermen. But hey it’s free so who cares!

2 Likes

sorted! nice on for the heads up. I saw this advertised but assumed it was for new users so THANKS :smiley:

1 Like

UK only :cry:

Maybe brexit was right after all

Yeah I really didn’t want to invite our new tech overlords into my home to overhear my every word but it’s only a matter of time before they’re Everywhere and they’re only gonna hear me swearing at videogames anyway.

3 Likes

Especially with their new controller which has a built on mic

ooh thanks!

1 Like

Cheers! Thank you for the heads up.

1 Like

Is there anything stopping me from changing my Premium account to a Premium Family account in order to get the speaker, then reverting after I receive it?

Probably not? Can’t think how they’d check that

Just picked mine up from the neighbour’s. Already annoyed @Gnometorious by asking google questions. Currently listing to the radio on it.

2 Likes

Have set it up in the kitchen and am playing Helado Negro out of it via Spotify and prepping a turkey curry.

A young male turkey is called a Jake and a young female turkey is called a Jenny.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is cracking!

1 Like

Received and set mine up. It’s like having a little robotic servant. It told me that the peregrine falcon has a swoop of 240 mph. Thanks Google.

3 Likes

I love having a little chat with mine, finding oht more about it. Being told unsolicited information has never been so fun.

3 Likes