Spotify is loads better than vinyl

Don’t get podcasts on vinyl either.

That would be the most millennial thing ever

3 Likes

I don’t use desk top but I’m very glad they’ve introduced the listening history thing so that when i press play on something by mistake i can find my place again in whatever i was listening to without having to check my last.fm

3 Likes

How long have they had a new format of

song - artist
album

Can’t read most of the artist names now and can’t seem to expand that section. Shite.

It’s been like that for a couple fo weeks now, they have also changes how songs are displayed in playlists which messes up how I build other playlists.

Love both Spotify and vinyl equally - they’re like your children.

As someone who exclusively listens to Spotify, having got rid of all my physical music years ago and not bothering with hassle of syncing a library of files across devices, one thing I’m not sure about is if it is possible to own music files on one device and have Spotify play them across multiple devices?

ie if I download the new Skee Mask album from Bandcamp, I expect there would be a way to play it on Spotify on the machine I have the files on, but could I then also play them via Spotify from another device?

Really want this album but don’t want to spend the money on something I listen to once then forget about because I can’t add it to my transferable Spotify library.

This doesn’t really help as i don’t know the answer to your question (sorry) but as a basic workaround (i use the term workaround very lightly :smiley: )…

I didn’t use bandcamp much for this very reason but then moved the app icon on any device so that it was next to spotify as a reminder. Now i don’t always automatically go in spotify when i want to listen to music digitally :smiley: Helps my awful memory and i listen to bandcamp a lot more now!

Bandcamp seems to be much more stable when casting to google devices also which is a bonus.

1 Like

Ah so you can stream music you own via Bandcamp as well as downloading the files? That’s something I didn’t know and if I can do it from multiple devices maybe that will sway me, thanks!

1 Like

It’s a long time since I used Spotify so it may have changed but it used to be that you had to save local files as a playlist - so I ended up with loads of playlists that were just albums - and then do a sync at which point the new playlists would appear on my mobile. But I think this would only work whilst on a local network so you’d then have to take the next step of downloading the playlist to your mobile.

Or use the Bandcamp app!

Hopefully they’ve made the process less of a pain by now.

1 Like

And they’ve just added download so if data use is an issue you can do that.

2 Likes

You can! You can access it through anywhere with the app (or a browser) and you can download them also as @zanimos mentions. Bandcamp really need to sort out a player/que mechanism/playlist creator feature in the app and they’ll be smashing it

The Bandcamp chat may have taken care of this for you, but I’m pretty sure you can’t do what you want on Spotify. You can with Apple Music though, which integrates your library of owned music with your steaming library.

Just cancelled my Spotify subscription, fuck em

6 Likes

No shortages on Spotify lads

9 Likes

Only in terms of band royalties :+1:

4 Likes

Bands make all their money from vinyl sales now anyway

that sweet sweet warm live vinyl moneycash

Like to see ol’ vinyl worm its way out of this jam.

1 Like

Underrated comment. I just found myself thinking ‘what do I have on vinyl’ as way to decide what to stream…