spring/summer clothes thread

I am 5ft 2 and chubby too.

Dungarees are so cute.

You’re not chubby.

But you are definitely too short for a maxi dress, sorry.

I’m a big fan :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Haha, thanks :joy:
My body shape is definitely chubby, I’m not putting myself down or anything, just being factual :kissing_heart:

https://www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/knitwear/lace-drape-cardi/069161.html?dwvar_069161_color=19&position=20&cgid=knitwear#&start=20&categoryID=knitwear

Like this? I have an old version of it and wear it all the time in summer.

I am 5’5 and rock a full length and a crop dunga on the regular

1 Like

I bought this and it doesn’t fit :cry:

https://www.cocofennell.com/products/silence-of-the-lambs-dress?variant=19389781893

Worth taking it to the tailors or should I just return it?

Do you mean in terms of what’s ‘flattering’ or the length? If a) fuck that. Wear what makes you happy. If b) maybe try getting regular fit dresses in a midi length? I often buy petite maxi dresses and wear them as midis.

1 Like

it’s nice! i’ve no experience with getting anything tailored though.

1 Like

I do it quite a bit cos of my weird body shape or if I find something vintage that I love but is too big. I’m only hesitating on this because the original dress is pretty pricey (for me anyway. I get most of my clothes off depop or from chazzers these days) cool story bro.

You could view it as you save lots of money buying 2nd hand usually, so it’s OK to spend more occasionally. Or if you’re crafty you could look for a similar but cheaper black dress and add bees yourself!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: That is beautiful. I’d get it tailored, if you love the dress otherwise and think it’ll be perfect if it fits and it won’t break the bank.

1 Like

My name’s Slicky, let me begin my lecture/

2 Likes

Well both, I guess! I want to wear clothes that I feel good in and part of that is them suiting my figure. Doubt I’ll be able to find any short enough though.

That is a pretty awesome dress - if you can get it tailored, you definitely should :+1: