Squash (the sport)

Played this for the first time yesterday and I am BROKEN today. Think I did something to my back. Really expected the ball to be bouncier than it is. Quite fun though. Am I officially an old sad bastard now?

1 Like

Or as it’s known to some, sboncen.

Love a game of Wallbonk! :tennis:

1 Like

Two things:

a) you can play with a bouncier ball if you want, there’s different types
b) you’ll be fine after your first few games.

sadderladder

It did always seem superior to tennis to me. Played indoors, less faffing with collecting the balls.

There was A LOT of picking up the ball for me unfortunately.

Tory

1 Like

I reckon the sport could be improved with a proper toy bouncy ball, and an unlimited number of bounces.

It is quite Tory, isn’t it.

1 Like

Is that racketball? Genuine question - my knowledge of racketball is based entirely on popular hit movie (with troubling paedo undertones) Big…

I used to play fives* :raised_hand:

*MASSIVE Tory…

Never played, despite being very competent at racket sports in general.

I always associate squash with proper 80s yuppies and very short , tight white shorts

Got quite the mental image of HYG going - sweatbands are involved

I’ve played this about four or five times now. Was enjoying it until I fell over. Have since split with the person I played with but would definitely play again. Fun innit.

Stick some Roxy Music on before a game to really get in the mood.

2 Likes

highest % of utter cunts playing it of any sport - perhaps even higher than polo.

This game is getting sexier by the minute.

Keep typing…

^this, plus that early-90s episode of Casualty where a squash player tripped and fell, the racquet head snapped off and the shaft went into their neck and blood went everywhere.