SSP Things you dislike about yourself

You’re great at emotional support, just sayin’

1 Like

sorry this thread has been upsetting for you

Also, all the things that motivate me are inherently selfish and egotistical and no good to anyone. This doesn’t really bother me, and it’s not like I’m fucking anyone over, but I’m not particularly helping anyone either, and I have a slight sense of guilt over this, but I basically dislike that the sense of guilt / duty isn’t more powerful than the sense of just being driven by selfishness, or that my awareness of being a bit selfish wasn’t less, so I could enjoy my selfish life without being plagued by a slight sense of guilt

:+1::+1::+1:

Yeah I try really, really hard to accept that I am who I am, some people will like me, some won’t but I can’t change myself for those people. I am who I am.

The other day after an interaction with someone I was thinking ‘oh god you sounded like a nob, stop being this way and that way, stop being an embarrassment’ then I thought actually, fuck it, if that person is thinking those things then I don’t really want them as a mate anyway, we’re obvs not meant to be mates.

1 Like

Being someone else who is shit at staying in touch, just want to say how much i enjoyed the spring of sadpunk. Lets do another fenino soon!

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t mean that in a bad way. I think it’s important to get in touch with these negative feelings at times. As long as you can do it in a safe and supportive environment it’s a part of processing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

also a quick thank you to anyone being brave enough to be honest about stuff in this thread, not always easy to admit this stuff even to yourself so thank you

3 Likes

Likewise, it was a great spring - let’s fuck the year system up and do Spring II.

Or a Fenino, probs easier.

2 Likes

Ill reorganise the seasons accordingly

1 Like

This! Can be quite hard to keep track of too, as I usually have a few chats going on at the same time.
I don’t mind too much cos obvs I love to chat but I feel really guilty if I realise I’ve let one friend fall by the wayside or whatever.

Appreciate that, ta!

I get acne on my neck thats aggravated by shaving. I was told it would clear in my twenties but I am 30 now. Possibly not shaving for a while would help clear it but I dont suit facial hair at all and my beard also wouldnt join up fully if I grew it.

I look very young for my age which might be a blessing one day but at least in a professional sense its a hindrance because I often get underestimated or assumed to be inexperienced when I turn up for work. turned up for a job interview last month and the interviewer literally gasped when I walked in as it was not for a junior position.

Maybe point b) could be rectified by point a)

1 Like

Thank you :purple_heart: that is one thing I do like about myself tbh. I think I’m a good friend. I try really hard to be, anyway.

1 Like

Awww thank you so much, that’s so lovely of you to say :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I think you’re lovely too! Hope you make it to the next meat x

1 Like

Oh I’m a massive procrastinator and time waster, especially in my spare time. See my 300 posts on here today on my day off :sweat_smile:

My tendency to impulsively do stupid things for my own entertainment

Case in point: I hope no one at work uses the audio recorder tomorrow else they’ll find the near full minute of what is described by your correspondent (to paraphrase) “fucking sick beatboxing, you fuckers”

4 Likes

in truth I’m a mixed bag

• dont make enough time for the people i love the most
  • lazy
  • low tolerance of other people for minor foibles
  • hypocrisy
2 Likes

Nowt wrong with any of these things, pal. You’re an attrative.

2 Likes

seems like you’ve achieved a lot!