Stained Glass

Opinions on this?

Any examples of not-shit-and-boring versions of this?

I shit you not but Dan from university’s mum ran some sort of stained glass business or at least for a while. I shall leave it at that.

4 Likes

First UK patent ever granted was about stained glass windows.

This fact may be so interesting that it instantly kills the thread.

3 Likes

Some of us like to do that kind of thing away from the mirror, pervert.

It’s been a while

2 Likes

SBINAWAH

2 Likes

We’ve got a stained glass museum in Ely.

Never been.

Why not?

various reasons

My sister (older) took a stained glass making course a few years ago. My brother-in-law (a carpenter) then incorporated some of her pieces into a coffee table for her.

1 Like

Too busy pulling no complys down the skatepark.

1 Like

Think that’s called a cathedral.

1 Like

Once wrote a song called ‘Stained Glass’ which was Juke levels of teenage lyrics.

1 Like

In the mid 00s I used to live in a bizarro bungalow near Elephant & Castle that among its many unique features featured stained glass windows throughout. You can just about see them on Streetview…

share it

Had a conversation about stained glass yesterday, and we were wondering when clear glass was invented and how long it took to be able to make big old sheets of it, so we googled it and learnt a lot about glass.

Honestly I feel like I’ve reached my glass-discussing quota for the week, so I won’t be taking any further part in this thread, but best of luck with it.

2 Likes

On some days I think I might be willing to argue for the invention of glass as being the most important moment in human history.

Bristol cathedral has got some banging stained glass, check out this lad, it’s like 14th century or something

11 Likes

We have a lot to be grateful for. For example, windows.

Also the “lens”