Star Trek: Discovery

Clem fandango too arguably

Season 2:

• Bit shit
  • Great
  • Good

0 voters

There does seem to be a lot of padding in this series, as though they only had enough story for about half of it. Then they decided to pack the down time with doctors mooning after each other and trying to make tin headed background woman a thing.

Gonna be spoilers for Episode 11 so ignore this if you’re behind I guess.

I don’t recall any of your spoilered stuff apart from the Doctor. The Toad miracle? Another time travelling person? What?

But anyway, I did get pretty grumpy at Michael being all “I have to see my mother” because of that TV script point where you have to give voice to what the audience thinks at the expense of character. The thing about Michael this season is she’s really been too emotional and it’s a shame. Here we really saw her losing what makes her great and interesting, her rejection of a lot of human feelings we take for granted. The ‘real’ Michael would have accepted that she wasn’t allowed to speak to her mum until she’d seen a logical necessity.

This episode was full of confusing pseudoscience which is normally okay but here it was used to just adjust the reality to make the story work. So many ‘cock blockings’ for where the characters would like to have gone all based on a handwave. It’s a frustrating thing because it means you’re just left absorbing a plot rather than feeling like you have a stake in it, if that makes sense?

at least spock wasnt such a bad dickhead in this episode. struggling to care about whats going on tho

#decent episode

would be funny if pike immediately announced his retirement from starfleet and moved to a desert island or something, far away from any starships.

2 Likes

2 Likes

shite episode

fillery nonsense

we know they’re not all going to die, get on with it

Two-part episode that probably could have been condensed into one :confused:

2 Likes

wowwww this padding out of an episode with teary goodbyes that you know full well are gonna end up being totally pointless is… an interesting attempt at storytelling.

2 Likes

They’re taking notes from Infinity War clearly!

1 Like

what the hell was that

2 Likes

This episode actually made me angry.

1 Like

Enjoyed that, the wormhole stuff in particular looked great. Though I do not get why, when the whole point of taking Discovery into the future was so Control couldn’t access that massive dataset, they’re all ok with nano-Leland being on board? Neutralised or not that’s a bit weird right

2 Likes

2 Likes

so are they in the future now or what

I guess so, weird they didn’t show them at the end and focused on the Enterprise instead

1 Like

v convenient how they explain why the events or people aren’t mentioned in the rest of the canon

3 Likes

some answers here actually (season 3 hints/spoilers I guess)

1 Like