Star Trek: Discovery

Klingons cementing themselves as the coolest race in the universe, yet again, at the end there. A tragedy that they weren’t featured more tbh

2 Likes

Not a fan of the pacing of the last two episodes. Needed some breathing space this one.

Assuming that was the finale, think that was a pretty bad season all told.

2 Likes

Something about future Discovery having somewhere to go I think?

Bigger problem is the closed loop of Burnham finding all these things necessary for the final battle because future Burnham led her to them initially, because future Burnham realised that was what she was supposed to do to get past Burnham to get everything ready for the final battle…

4 Likes

Like at no point does anyone actually discover that the engineer is stranded on that asteroid or whatever. Burnham knew she was there because she was told it because she knew it

7 Likes

Anyone else notice those r2d2 droids on the ship? Star Wars nerds must be fuming

Can’t remember why control decided to diffuse itself into a single human being, but shit move regardless

3 Likes

Season 1 is a 3.5

1 Like

No, no reason.

Fucking everything in Star Trek is a bit ‘wait, you have that technology’, though. The shuttles seem to have a hyperdrive and a transporter. I’m not really clear why they’re so powerful.

I enjoyed the first half of this season a lot. I enjoyed Pike a lot but the plotting was a fucking MESS.

The fucked up Burnham totally. Where was her Vulcan-ness? Nowhere. Annoying.

Feel like the ending of the show concentrating on Pike’s Enterprise is surely a nod to how much people have been asking them to do a spin-off of Pike’s Enterprise so even if it doesn’t happen we have that little bit extra. Meanwhile someone’s trying to make sense of what to have Discovery actually do 950 years in the future so they didn’t really have anything to write about that.

1 Like

TBF I felt like the Admiral got killed at least twice in Season 1 so I was surprised to find her still kicking about on this one.

1 Like

950 years in the future is such an insanely long time isn’t it. i keep thinking about it, it’s like a viking turning up today or something (bit later than that i know, before i get marckeed). tenner bet the technology doesnt seem A THOUSAND YEARS AHEAD, theres no way

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a weird one.

Did you watch any of the shorts that are buried after the trailers in the list of episodes in Netflix? There’s one called Calypso that’s set 1000 years in the future or maybe more now which is interesting.

Two of those shorts ended up being pretty pivotal to the story (the Saru and Tilly ones), it’s so weird they weren’t proper episodes lol

no but ill have a look. did read a thing from the producer? maybe? saying how its the furthest into the future any Star Trek has ever gone. like yeah, mate, that’s because it’s literally unimaginable to go A THOUSAND YEARS in the future you dope

Yeah I actually only watched two of them so I saw the Tilly one but not the Saru one. Not sure they’re that pivotal. It’s interesting how much backstory your brain fills in.

But having seen the season the Calypso one in the future seems far more relevant because the ship has become sentient and we know it has the alien tech so I wonder if we’ll see that in this season. Also I can’t recall if the ship said it had been abandoned for 1000 years? If so it’s now 1950 years ahead of the timeline but if not then it’s only 50 years away?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1131605962673012736

1 Like

Huh

Very excited.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1149002481092849664