Star Trek: Discovery

offtopic but i’m watching TNG now and I just wanted to say that Beverly Crusher is one of the best names I’ve ever heard. Beverly Crusher. someone actually wrote that as a character name!

4 Likes

@cutthelights you heard right about the emperor! That was one hell of a LQQK

Also I can’t actually believe that the Stamets stuff is based on real life science, it was proper gobbledegook :joy:

1 Like

s1e11

apparently yer man Clem Fandango played the two characters all along and they made up a fake name for Voq’s actor based on his dad’s name!

Ok that’s really cool - I thought his Klingon voice was dubbed :joy:

1 Like

I still can’t hate Lorca, lol

1 Like

Yeah I like Tilly too

4 Likes

#MEGA!!!

2 Likes

#EXPLOSIONS!

was going to post exactly this! :smiley:

I really hope they’re not trying to redeem bizarro michelle yeoh space hitler

a lot of people were predicting the time travel thing but a lot farther in the future so it wouldn’t mess with existing canon. story moves weirdly quickly, feels like the premise of the show changes every episode

I’m enjoying the fuck out of this.

3 Likes

delighted we got to see Michelle yeoh do some kung fu tbh

Captain Saru :heart:

3 Likes

so is the mycelial network basically midichlorians?

I think my only issue is that they dealt with Lorca in one episode after spending the entire series posing the question of what he’s really about. Part of that was me hoping mirror Lorca was more ambiguous - that maybe he was fighting for peace and a more Starfleet way of doing things - but nope, he was just an egomaniac who wanted power.

I loved when Michael said that if he’d been honest they would have helped him get home. It’s so true. I mean if he left out the cannibalism/fascist/totalitarian aspect of it, at least. But obv he needed Burnham for “reasons” :nauseated_face:

And I’m not sure about rehabilitating Georgiou either. Bit weird. Do you reckon they’ll do that or will she try to enslave them all/eat Saru?

4 Likes

Yeah just put another Terran tyrant in command of the Discovery, what could possibly go wrong lol

3 Likes

yeah this is fucking bullshit, like they’ve gone on about how the klingons have no honour, and how Ash won’t be allowed serve as a pilot again, but they do this deal with a genocidal racist authoritarian wtffff

1 Like

This feels like a very shark jumpy moment. I’m very annoyed

1 Like

I am reserving judgement until seeing how it pans out, but it does not seem a promising move for the trajectory of the show :anguished:

1 Like

Agreed. I was really enjoying it up to that moment. Was hoping that character would play more of a back seat manipulative role going forward.

1 Like