Star Trek: Discovery

Just finished season 2. I’m just generally exhausted from over serialised shows these days but I thought it struck a really good balance between the individual episodic stuff and the season arc, even if it didn’t totally hit the mark each week. I basically really dislike most time travel stuff except stuff like this where it ends up in a causal loop, so I was sorta fine with that.

Shame Spock lost his singer songwriter look but I am so up for a Pike-led spinoff. Great bunch of captain.

2 Likes

Doubly fucked really. Not only ripping it from Netflix but also delaying it at least 6 weeks from the US.

I mean ‘early 2022’ is rubbish.

No word on Picard then? Is that just going to stay with Bezo’s fuckshop? I guess so.

Yeah Picard is still Amazon I believe

1 Like

I mean it’s bullshit but it’s not going to make me get SKY or Now TV.

1 Like

It is bullshit, especially as Paramount+ stinks. Almost as bad as Peacock.

2 Likes

It’s annoying but at least none of these services enforce minimum contract terms.

1 Like

This feels like such an error to me. Surely only the hardcore will be signing up to Paramount+ for a 4th season of Discovery.

Personally, this is an absolutely perfect time to stop watching it.

3 Likes

Seems like such bizarre timing to announce all of this just before the season launches. Like there’s probably loads of people in the middle of catching up on previous seasons on Netflix.

(I’d already given up on Discovery but will consider getting Paramount+ for Halo next year)

yeah the last season was total dogshit so i’m fine with this. makes the decision whether or not to carry on with it a lot easier

1 Like

I actually think it would be fine if Paramount+ was available everywhere and they were just going to put Discovery up on that right now. I mean I wouldn’t be paying for a P+ subscription but that’s because there’s not really anything from them I want.

The real issue is that they’ve done this two days before S4 starts and then told everyone outside of North America they need to wait at least 2 months to see it. Otherwise it just comes down to paying for a different/new service for a short period if you want to see the show which is…fine, right? It’s not like it was on a free service already.

AFAIK, you can get Paramount+ directly like Disney+ in the UK because I remember checking this a few months back when it was announced. It’s just really shitty advertising over there that implies you need Sky to be able to access it or something like that.

Disco is now available for free in the UK at least.

As Paramount+ is already here in Aus if I want to watch it I have to sign up. Even with three months half-price I can’t muster up the enthusiasm but you guys can check out this dodgy sounding Pluto TV experience!

1 Like

Remember when they went 1000 years into the future and made it as boring as you could physically make going 1000 years into the future

6 Likes

“Oh the ships build themselves now” cool story man

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m worried, I’ve enjoyed the last two episodes :grimacing:

That’s 3 episodes in a row I’ve enjoyed. :scream:
The stuff trying to communicate with the 10c has been clever and fun and I like the character work.

Madness.

given the lack of chat surrounding season 4, can I assume this shat itself properly? just realized I never bothered watching it.

Well they put it on some terrible weird freeview channel over there I thought? Down here it was just gone completely unless you stumped up for Paramount+, which, if we’re going off content, doesn’t exist.