Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers from Dec 19th)

Oh right. Sorry maybe I need to read loads of earlier posts. Was this just a general don’t want or was there something suggesting there would be time travel in Star Wars (because yeah it’s the shittest idea ever)

1 Like

Gotcha.

I loved time travel in the right context, which is much wider than you’ve allowed, but it doesn’t make sense in Star Wars

1 Like

coughs

4 Likes

Don’t mind “we’re changing history!!” stuff if it’s a bit jokey.

Anything remotely serious though? Get out, Still have nightmare flashbacks to that season of Heroes where they time travelled back to season 1 and changed that.

Lost is still the best for time travel though. Bullet proof.

2 Likes

I never thought that there should be time travel in Star Wars but I thought Rebels sold the hell out of it.
I was probably delighted because they used it to save Ahsoka, who is easily one of the best Star Wars characters.
Saying that, it shouldn’t be anywhere near the main films, it just won’t fit with the world they’ve built.

1 Like

I love Star Wars
I love time travel as a plot device
I would hate time travel in Star Wars

4 Likes

Kinda funny how we’re all still talking about this given it’s all based off some lad on the internet who just made it up though eh

They actually introduced it during this last season of Rebels and, although admittedly I’ve not watched what happened in the aftermath of said scene, it just smacks of: “Hey, well Ezra did something to alter the past, so it’s fair game for things to happen in XI now!”

The whole concept will need to be done so well for me personally to buy into it, let’s see what goes down. Nothing is set in stone for ‘time travel in XI’ at this stage anyhow, could be a lot of bleating.

The Luna TV series will of course be set pre-Rogue One and, while Cassian himself will obviously be ‘bulletproof’, it’ll give scope for some new stories to be told (including some where the Empire might win some battles etc).

1 Like

Whoa. This news of discounted merchandise has made me completely reevaluate my opinion on a film I enjoyed.

9 Likes

“Severely”? Just had a look on Zavvi out of interest and 7 items out of 23 have money knocked off them, but 5 of those 7 are discounted between £1 and £5.

That riot baton though :thinking:

The figures I see at my local supermarket have remained steadfast at £11, which I think is more of a problem then the reception of the film. A parent might find it hard to justify over a tenner for a basic toy figure, especially on a whim if their child happens to just ask for one.

think it’s a reflection on Toys R Us going bust, and other retailers picking up their stock for pennies on the pound to be honest

2 Likes

Remember pogs? They’re back

IN PORG FORM

4 Likes

Okay.

Well as long as we’re all agreed that time travel is a ridiculous idea.

Not least because the only really obvious use for it would be to bring back Luke and he could just come back as a Force ghost.

In fact I will state right now that I will be sad if Luke doesn’t appear as a Force ghost in episode IX.

1 Like

Regarding the inheritance or randomness of The Force the original Star Wars implies strongly that everyone uses it when Obi Wan counters Han with, “in my experience there’s no such thing [as luck]”. It’s explicitly saying that everyone can and does use the Force, just to varying degrees, IMO.

1 Like

‘but it’s only activated when I roll over and stop breathing’?

1 Like

If there is a flashback and we see Luke kicking someone’s arse, fair enough, but I agree he must be a ghost in IX.

We know what you want… :wink:

1 Like

*Luuke Skywalker

7 Likes

Enjoyed this reference