Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers from Dec 19th)

Wait a minute, are you trying to argue that Spider-Man

• isn’t a family film and
  • isn’t a huge brand?

:smiley:

1 Like

Well it is a brand, but not quite cut from the same cloth as the live-action Spider-Man films. And as I said Spider-Verse is darker than your usual animation fare.

Been listening to the Star Wars minute podcast as they go through The Force Awakens (and you should too, great listen while you’re cooking or cleaning or gaming), and I’m up to the episodes where they’re discussing the bit where Finn asks Rey if she has a boyfriend. They talked about how weird it is that he said “boyfriend” and not a Star Warsy word, then one of them pointed out that the Star Warsy word for a significant other is “counterpart”, as that’s how 3PO refers to R2.

Personally I always find “partner” too formal and “girlfriend” a creepy way to refer to a 30 year old woman, so I’m now going to introduce “my counterpart” into my everyday parlance. It’s probably going to freak the squares right out but it’ll make me happy.

5 Likes

This gave me chills:

One Topher Grace was involved.

2 Likes

needed a Jar Jar pratfall or something at the end

2 Likes

Leaked (apparently) poster, no title:

2 Likes

is that the Knights of Ren (sic???)in the background then?

I’ll look forward to them being featured heavily in the trailer and then appearing in the actual film for about 1 minute total :grinning:

3 Likes

C3PO being tooled up? Carry a bowcaster? I’m calling bullshit on this one

6 Likes

And someone tell Kylo that that’s a really weird way to hold a sword. He’s definitely going to jab it in his foot, holding it like that.

Shoots it once, and then runs around waving his arms in panic, all “OH ARTOO, HELP ME”.

JJ bringing back the classics, can’t wait.

5 Likes

I think it looks cool. Think it’s just a promo shot for lunchboxes etc so wouldn’t get too hung up on it.

Is that Keri Russell in the purple?

No Rose, Leia, Hux or R2

1 Like

The years haven’t been kind to Jar Jar, eh

2 Likes

Nope, I don’t want your lightsabre, Kylo. You keep it.

Also, hope we finally get BB8’s backstory and learn about Poe’s parents. Still outraged that we don’t know this stuff.

13 Likes

It’s a weird position. It could only be explained by him having just used the force to grab it out of thin air and ignite it but that’s not only pretty odd but it’s extra shit to pick that for your poster position.

i hope poe has many cool and amazing and nice moments

he has been criminally under-utilised as a character so far IMO

He had a decent role in TLJ. I seem to recall he was actually intended to die early on in The Force Awakens though which may well account for it.

This time JJ is doing a nostalgic slant on The Phantom Menace, but with military justice taking the place of trade negotiations

5 Likes

Just checking we all recognise this is fake yeah?

Don’t see how it can’t be. Ren is wearing his destroyed mask for a start, and the inclusion of what I presume is the “Knights Of Ren” means it can’t be anything other than a load of hysterical fanwank bollocks I hope.