Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers from Dec 19th)

Lucas is just flat out trolling fans now and I am here for it, we stan a beardy legend

6 Likes

Shame the 3D rereleases got canned, who knows what else he would’ve gotten up to

2 Likes

so, has anyone managed to watch The Mandalorian yet? Initial buzz seems quite positive, but be careful, I’ve already had the ending of the first episode spoiled.

Yep

https://twitter.com/seaniccus/status/1194329454392164352?s=21

There’s a separate thread for it

Still watch this trailer, from time to time.

1 Like

Tenuous as fuck. Macca-donkey doesn’t really sound anything like Mah-clunkey (although given we’ve got people in the shop pun thread saying thicken doesn’t rhyme with chicken, who knows)

If you compare the original to the 2004

I reckon that George saw that by introducing a pause where Greedo and then Han both shoot, he’d changed it from a surprise shot to a sort of setup one so I guess he decided he needed a dialogue line to make the shots still be a shock (I mean to that tiny percentage of people who are seeing this film for the first time and in this version). So, from a certain point of view, it’s a clever thing!!!1111111

(I do think that removing the subtitles means this doesn’t work as well for the surprise, though. I wonder if that part of the shot wasn’t done and Disney/Lucasfilm have just rolled it out there because that’s what they had.)

18 Likes

Are you looking forward to Knives Out?

1 Like

Cheers!

Just found out the Science Museum Imax isn’t doing showings of this. Really disappointed because I saw TFA, R1 and TLJ there and it’s a great experience. The audience were also very well behaved.

1 Like

This has been doing the rounds.

Nice.

8 Likes

Ant, I am very much looking forward to Knives Out.

1 Like

Hey, me too, man. Not gonna make my unlimited screening of it unfortunately though.

1 Like

I know this is just a meme and just a bit of fun and blah blah blah but tbqh this is not the one, having a go at people on Twitter because you didn’t like their film is just being an arse. Nobody has a right to have every Star Wars film tailored to their liking, and Rian represents hundreds of people who put their labour into that film for two years, it was hugely successful and well received. People are perfectly entitled to not like it, but going after him is not on really, the film is finished and you can’t change it so there is no legitimate reason to direct your criticism at the people involved. Discuss it amongst yourselves all you like but when you start dragging creators for it you’re engaging in the same kind of toxic shit that Kelly Marie Tran, Ahmed Best, and Jake Lloyd have all suffered from.

Should clarify that I’m not having a go at you personally, or even necessarily whoever it was that made the meme, more the culture around “legitimate criticism”.

1 Like

5 Likes

its like poetry, it rhymes

Getting really excited for this pals.

Have been avoiding promotional material but seen a few new shots of Finn in his get up. Loving those marine trousers

1 Like