Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers from Dec 19th)

I think this might be one of them Wolfcastle situations

2 Likes

and another thing

why are they back on Endor of all the planets/moons in the universe? Where are the Ewoks? Are they extinct now ? Are they going to put in a surprise appearance? What’s Leia’s speeder bike helmet still doing there ? Are we supposed to believe that there are big chunks of the 2nd Death Star just sitting around or are they part of a big band of space debris orbiting around Endor? In which case how are Kylo and Rey breathing up there ?

I have a feeling that this film is really gonna grind my gears

3D imax showing? I’m going to that.

Ewoks immune system couldn’t handle the diseases carried by the humans(?) that invaded. All dead.

2 Likes

more likely climate change from the nuclear winter of having a death star explode in your face

maybe both

1 Like

In the early days of the internet I found a website that set out, in a lot of detail, how the explosion of the Death Star 2 would cause an extinction-level event to Endor’s eco-system, and thus the extinction of the Ewoks.

:wave: :bear:

3 Likes

end yet

points to all the verdant forests

The Ewoks have passed away. RIP u will live on forever. Cant believe it. I wanna run to u. Really cant believe this. @

8 Likes

:open_mouth:

https://twitter.com/asunflowerpose/status/1186768645227073537

10 Likes

Bastards

1 Like

Not much family resemblance

Will there be Porgs in the new Star Wars film?

I want to see more Porgs.

4 Likes

The run time’s been announced (it’s longer than TLJ). Think it’s locked.

Is it Endor? I assumed it was Takodana again. Endor would make sense though, given that Death Star 2: The Deathening looks to feature heavily.

That’s Zorii Bliss - a bounty hunter who has a conenction to Poe apparently. Played by Keri Russell.

Or to stop leaks from ruining the ending of a 9-part saga…

1 Like

Of course he’s under pressure, bound to be, but what does ‘get it right’ even mean in this instance? It’s a film that some will like, some won’t regardless of which path it’ll eventually go down (see: TLJ).

A statement like “they’re still shooting less than two months out” only serves to make people think the project is ‘in trouble’. Clearly they did a couple of bits at JJ headquarters last month, hardly akin to hiring a sound stage/rebuilding sets/pulling in main cast etc.

1 Like

As I understand it, and these aren’t spoilers because I don’t read any in-depth spoiler/major rumour news, they’re back on Endor (or perhaps the planet is orbits) for either:

1. To search for something important to the plot (whether it be on the moon or within the wreckage of the DS2).

2. Rey training with Leia, hence maybe why the helmet is involved (it looks a different colour from Leia’s to me, I might be wrong, so it could just be one left behind after battle in ROTJ,?). Why train on Endor then - maybe Leia wants to educate Rey about the past?

The Ewoks might still be there, this was a two minute trailer to sell an overall movie…

Actually a backlash of “We wanted more Ewoks in this movie!” would ironically fit rather snugly in the flip-flop world of those that hated them first-time round - claims that all is forgiven about Ewoks and Jar Jar despite feeling the same towards them as they now do towards Episode 8. The execs will be purple with frustrated rage :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah of course, I’m never directly picking at you mate, but that statement is reminiscent of things I see online all the time and generally attached to those that have a clear agenda against the new trilogy.

Us mere mortals will never truly know anything, but people using terms like ‘secret source’, ‘person on the inside’, 'aunt’s brother’s son’s mistress who is a second grip told me… ’ is instant red flag when the bias is so clear to see. Sadly I think the creators of these videos are happy to just make some money off a divided fandom.

2 Likes

There were some nesting in the Falcon during TLJ - perhaps they blossomed and Chewie had to build an annex for the third generation to live in?