Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (I'm not even on StarWarsBook, mate)

They only just finished filming all the reshoots in November. It’s crazy. The are course correcting so much of it from the Lord-Miller version, which was shitcanned after it was finished… it’s wild.

Michael K Williams filmed a full role and when he wasn’t available for the reshoots they fucking replace him with Paul Bettany. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Also:

We should all meat up at see a movie together.

7 Likes

The Holdo thing:

On first viewing, when it was first revealed their ship was being tracked, I thought “Hello, there’s a mole onboard who has planted a tracking beacon.” So, with that in mind, Holdo was quite within her rights not to divulge her plan to anyone she either doesn’t trust or whom is below her in rank. Loose lips and all that (this point still holds up, of course).

As the film continued, I thought we were being set-up for a lazy “OMG, Holdo is working for the First Order!” switch as she’s just burning fuel, powering up defenceless escape pods, keeping schtum etc. Thankfully that didn’t happen but, within the film itself, Holdo might also of thought there was a turncoat onboard thus making her play her cards close to her chest.

Both these things still play out over repeated viewings and made me appreciate her role more. Rian Johnson toyed with us and the pay-off was a heroic Holdo doing the hyperspace smash - lovely!

4 Likes

Yeah, I was worried that she was a spy herself. And then when the plan fell into place I was very impressed.

2 Likes

The Hyperspace Smash: the sci-fi themed Monster Mash follow up the world needed but sadly never got.

2 Likes

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story

One for the haters

https://m.imgur.com/r/StarWars/6smO9

Lots of images to load

2 Likes

Cairo Len! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Good thread on Luke here

https://twitter.com/swankmotron/status/950394363384807424

2 Likes

maybe you should. It is a holistic piece not one for bits to be taken out of.

1 Like

It’s specifically attacking a particular sort of negativity towards the film steeped in “This hasn’t happened before therefore it needs to be justified” despite all the films really doing this but the earlier ones are accepted.

1 Like

boycott the movies and just read the novels, which are 1000 times better than any of the stupid new movies

2 Likes

Well @ttf, I believe the correct term is:

A Challenger Appears

10 Likes

This is quite a reductive view of literature here, even if we are talking about blockbuster cinema BUT I appreciate not everyone wants the same thing and while I agree these films don’t need to exist, they do, so we might as well see how the last one goes eh?

1 Like

I’d watch that but fuck I’m tearing up just thinking about it

2 Likes

A troop of porg light the funeral pyre obviously

11 Likes

Directed by Lord and Miller

8 Likes
4 Likes

feel bad for chewie, doesn’t have anything to do anymore :frowning:

1 Like