Started a teeth whitening course last week

Not a joke thread. Not got much to say about it to be honest. Seems to be working ok though.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The tray things from a dentist or a shop bought thing?

Aye, the whole course with visits to the dentist

1 Like

How much is that skinning you, if you don’t mind me asking?

Cost me 280, partly covered by private healthcare through work

1 Like

That’s pretty decent tbh

Used those whitening strips twice, made my teeth ache horribly afterwards

I’ve just got my tray. And polar night whitening stuff. Cost me similar amount. Not started yet. Gonna do it later this week. Having the tray made was gross. It’s like having the most toxic tasting goo you can imagine in your mouth. Made me gag more than once.

Didn’t find it that bad - had a bit of a strawberry flavour. There’s a lot of it though aye.

1 Like

Yeah deffo. Are you using polar night or a different whitening product?

Enlightenment

1 Like

Hey DiS! Tell me all about teeth whitening. My dentist just emailed out saying they’re doing 20% off in August.

Does it work? Is it uncomfortable? Painful even? Would you recommend it despite this? Are you a happier person for having whiter teeth? Do you find you smile with your mouth open in photos now? Has your newfound confidence led to an improved lovelife and promotion at work?

There’s probably different types of whitening, isn’t there? This is what they said>

We are excited to say that for the whole of August we will be offering 20% off our tooth whitening service. Tooth whitening at our practice involves making trays for you to whiten your teeth at home, allowing you to safely be in control over how white you would like your teeth to go. If you would like to book in for a tooth whitening impression or find out more about the process please call the practice

My friend has just done at home whitening. I think it’s gel stuff that you put into the trays and then wear overnight, it sounds like probably the same type as this offer. He didn’t mention it being uncomfortable but he’s just done invisalign so was already used to having the trays in.

He was only intending to do it for the minimum number of days so they didn’t go too white, but then he found that they didn’t whiten evenly like he’d assumed so I think he did it a bit longer

1 Like

The gel you put on the trays really hurt my teeth. Not constantly but the occasional strong sharp pain. Couldn’t sleep with them either so had to have dinner and five and put them in so I could get six hours out of them a night