Started saying any new phrases or words lately?

After watching Get Back a couple of times I’ve started saying ‘see you round the clubs’ quite a lot which is good and fun.

8 Likes

Any examples?

Think that’s one that only works with certain accents tbh.

1 Like

Actually I’ve said ‘with a fair wind and a good crew’ sometimes recently actually.

2 Likes

Ahem. Only the ones i log here funky

I’m so sorry. Please don’t take this as any kind of negative comment on your thread or general personality. NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE.

Apology noted. Unbelievable though that you dont have an index in your head of the content of every thread in existence

1 Like

It’s quite frankly a fucking disgrace.

1 Like

I do this because they say it a lot in Badlands and Martin Sheen’s a dreamboat.

2 Likes

Yeah, i’ve started using this hand gesture more and more.

:call_me_hand:

But not to mean “call me”, more like “see ya, hang tight, enjoy life, peace out my fellow innocent”.

Is this ok.

1 Like

Hmmm depends, have you got into surfing lately?

I also use this a lot now but usually as a sarcastic cool

Alright ronaldinho

I’ve started using fair as “ok, sound” or “I agree” after someone said it to me that way the other week

What you up to today safebruv
“Not a lot just hanging round the house I think”
Fair

1 Like

Actually just realise that I do that a lot. Just copy the vocab of whoever I’m talking too.

1 Like

I do this all the time, sometimes to very embarrassing levels. I worked with someone from Manchester for a bit, not even for very long, and I picked up not only some vocab but also tiny bits of accent which made me sound terrible because when you add it to my home counties base accent it sounds like I’m taking the piss. I really, really wasn’t, some words just sounded right like that, but it was mortifying.

“it’s calm” as I’m watching top boy at the moment. Probably problematic

1 Like

“Pig in the gaff. ABSOLUTELY PHAT”.

Rock climbing. Does that count?

Why not!

1 Like