16 Likes

@Gnometorious

3 Likes

:musical_note:
This could be Rotterdam
Or anywhere
Giant buttplug gnome

22 Likes

quite like this one called The Speaker on the steps of the Custom House in Belfast (which sadly closed in January as they’ve been moved into a shit new modern office with us)

a workmate told me it’s supposed to be Jim Larkin but it doesn’t look like him aside from the stance (there is a statue of big Jim in O’Connell Street in Dublin though)

i remember standing beside him at a Fleet Foxes gig in Custom House Square once, think he enjoyed it. had his hands in the air for the whole gig.

5 Likes

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/05/27/30/5273002_70d59cca.jpg

4 Likes

Oh God, just remembered the one that haunts my dreams (thankfully doesnt exist but CGI brought it to life)

Giant things be gone.

1 Like

can we talk about fave statues?

best one I’ve seen:

I was in awe walking towards this big boy, it’s impressive and unsettling in equal measure

statue I want to see most:

desperate to see her, something about it fills me with such wonder.

9 Likes

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

2 Likes

Gah! These are so terrifying to me. Like that bridge, I’m thinking it’s in Cambodia but I might be waaay off, that’s held up by GIANT hands. Fuck off.

Have you seen the Dick Bruna/Miffy double-sided statue in Utrecht?

3 Likes

Fuck off, bridge, not @AQOS

1 Like

Statue that everyone says is shit but it’s actually really good it just seems shit cos it’s small and surrounded by tourists but you can imagine that if you were there at dawn it’d actually be quite special:

11 Likes

Not my hometown but there is a Frank Sidebottom statue in TImperley which isn’t that far away

9 Likes

Vietnam, I love it. It’s so extra.

1 Like

Oh come on, Peter Mansfield is from Notts. He has a Nobel Prize because him and his mate invented the fucking MRI machine.

Statue of a sports team manager? It’s embarrassing. :smiley:

In Belfast I quite like all of the statues of Narnia and Cs Lewis they’ve done at Cs Lewis Square and the library nearby
images

unnamed

9 Likes

early music hall lyrics need some work

2 Likes

We frown sternly on such vulgar displays.

this one of castelao in ourense always used to do my nut. properly freaks you out when you’re walking past it late at night

1 Like

3 Likes