Step Counters Anonymous (SCA)

Reckon I made good inroads into being a stepcounter this year but plan to go full stepwanker in 2020. Gonna set 10k as my basic minimum recommended step count.

Are you a stepcounter? What’s your daily average? Do you have a target? Do you stick to it? Other questions about taking steps and counting them.

I’m a two time reigning top stepper at work, in a step competition that they cancelled, dashing at least all my dreams, if not more.

3 Likes

Just walk away man

2 Likes

Impressive. What sorta numbers we talking?

• Step wanker
  • Daily movement time goal wanker

0 voters

People measuring how much water they drink and how many steps they take in a day. Time to give another species a go at the top table tbh

1 Like

What’s the score with slagging off the fucking tedious shites who count steps and talk about it and start threads about it? Because if that’s not on I wouldn’t dream about hurting the feelings of those turds.

This has gone well.

I’ll level with you, I’ve dropped my figures this year, as i was actively exhausting myself out and walking about 20km per day 5 days a week, for a few years I was averging about 20-22k steps per day. This year it’s much lower, idk, 16k, or something.

1 Like

Don’t really see it as a game or something to be too obsessive over, but look at it occasionally out of interest.

Since we’ve had a dog I’ve been averaging well over 10k a day. Used to have days where I’d literally not leave the house and do <1000 steps, but I take him for a couple of good walks a day now.

2 Likes

That’s a lotta walkin’

Too much walking. Honestly, some days I’d get home and would just babble for hours until I ate.

• Bloody hell
  • Steady on folks
  • Don’t even try to step to Eric!

0 voters

The big digits

Just checked and the PB was day 1 of Down The Rabbit Hole festival

4 Likes

I have highs and lows as walk to work so 4 days a week I get about 28k a day but the other 3 it’s more like 7k

2 Likes

Woah!!! How far is your commute!?

1 Like

Not that far but I will walk as far as I can during my lunch hour too, and of course, there’s my tours as well.

1 Like

Set my daily goal on my phone as 100 steps so it is always telling me how active I am

4 Likes

Ah that’s a good shout. If i could count on a lunchbreak i’d easily hit my target ffs.

Walked at least 10000 a day every day since spring, except for when I’ve been ill, or this week cos yknow, Christmas

Will do the same next year

Good thread

2 Likes