Stereolab. An appreciation and discussion thread

Your view was almost certainly better than mine. I hope you had a great time. Any good pics?

No pics taken.

Should have made the effort to check in with fellow Dissers. Was solo on Level 1. Enjoyed it. Band sounded great. But as is often the case, was mildly irritated by the lack of crowd involvement. But perhaps that’s just London. Or me. Still, great to see a great band performing superbly. And Thurston Moore was there. Tho no one seemed to recognize him.

1 Like

Part of me loves reading these reviews, and part is very jealous.

1 Like

Gig sounds ace - hope you guys all had a great time. Can’t make any of the gigs so I hope they carry on. Tim never seems short of musical ideas so who knows maybe…maybe…

I think I wore band t-shirts pretty exclusively from ages 15-24 and haven’t done so since but i have proper shopping lust now - basically would like a T, a tote and a set of mugs.

So, do they play Wow and Flutter?

Also, must get me one of those mugs somehow.

Re Merch…my friend just posted this on Facebook

1 Like

No Wow and Flutter unfortunately.

2 Likes

Ta, at least that means I can trust the set list I saw :slight_smile:

Been trying to work out what else they’ll drop for a reduced festival set.

Yep! Same. Just going to try put it out of my mind till then…

1 Like

Not super-familiar with their stuff beforehand, but I enjoyed that. Thought it started off a bit weak, but by the 4th song I was on board and “Metronomic Underground” was brilliant. Sound was fine, and being near the front, I avoided most the chatterers that apparently plagued the back.

Wasn’t French Disko the third song?

1 Like

That merch is well retro. I had that white shirt in blue with silver print. Until a house mate destroyed it in the wash.

Did anyone go last night? They played Jenny Ondioline according to their Instagram!

1 Like

rare to see a £5 CD on a merch stand, will probably be tempted by that (is Fab Four Suture any good actually?)

I had a my leaving do for my old job tonight. I spotted a person with a Stereolab tote bag at the pub that they sold on the merch stand. I had a nice five minute chat on all things Stereolab. Added to my fun night.

oooh, I don’t have Fab Four Suture yet. Will definitely pick it up next week if it’s only a fiver :slight_smile:

On that topic, I stopped listening to Stereolab after Cobra & Phases, for reasons I’m not entirely sure of (I loved that album despite Johnny Cigarettes’ facile 0/10 NME review). I really should start exploring their 2000s discography…

Sound Dust is amazing

1 Like

FFS is great. Typical Stereolab obtusity it was released as a series of E.P.s but it works great as an LP.