Stocking fillers share thread 🤶🏻🎅🏻🎄

Hard work thinking what to get people for christmas innit. Share your stocking filler ideas in here and alleviate the stress of even thinking about what you should be buying for the people you’ve known all your life.

I know it’s early and you’ll have a whinge about that, maybe in this thread, but so help me if I see you in here mid-December taking notes.

So far:

Ma - some gin marmalade from Oliver Bonas
Ma - almond Body Shop shower gel or summink

Da - some whisky marmalade from Oliver Bonas

Wife-o - Polaroid 500 film
Wife-o - little gold hexagon photo holder from Oliver Bonas
Wife-o - tickets for 2 to go around Kew Gardens
Wife-o - Daschund through the snow socks

Verso 2019 diary

Bf - Waterbottle (one that keeps things cold for ages) and the taskmaster book. No idea what to get for a main pressie. He’s very hard to buy for. Will prob just be golf shit as per.

Mum: Long hot water bottle

That’s it.

1 Like

^ bought this for my gf but might give it to her for her birthday as it’s sooner
also got her Wanda Sykes tickets for her bday and some other books and a french press for xmas. might get her that Marc Maron book

Dad: new john cooper clarke book

that’s all so far

1 Like

Ok so cinema gift vouchers get my vote.

I’ve got my eye on a nice brass nutcracker on trouva because most nutcrackers are flimsy, I think that would be a nice gift for someone.

These are probably too pricey for stockings though?

Any sort of stationery, if they like crafts etc then some little balls of nice wool or a pretty crochet hook.

Bamboo or other washable make-up removing pads, they tend to have a nice fabric on the back so are pretty and very useful and cheap.

Mini bottles of hazelnut syrup to make a great hot chocolate with or if they’re a coffee deviant.

For kids wooden paint brushes and sponges, cute pens, stickers etc.

3 Likes

Oh and I’ve got all the women i know The Ordinary vitamin C suspension cream because it feels like a proper treat, and is really good on all skin types, but actually cheap.

1 Like

Brilliant suggestions! Nice to see I’m not the only one who’s started picking up a few bits already too.

Poor Ol’ Da’ Irons only 1 extra present.

Reckon there’s legs in a rank your family members thread?

You should edit this post and JAG your tours :grinning:

I need to get him more! This is more a ‘this is what I’ve got so far’ kind of thing.

Oh and some amazing gift vouchers for walking tours redeemable on any date, run by this amazing tour guide Skyliner.

9 Likes

Wow! She sounds incredible. I will be sure to check her out.

awkwardly winks at camera

1 Like

SNAP

1 Like

Expect my family purchases will be the same as always:

Mum - something football related , cd , book, nice candles , other gift , flowers

Dad - nice bottle of whiskey , expensive cigar , chocolates , book , something for the garden

Sister - dvd boxset (though she has Netflix now) , some big gift , decent bottle of rose , some chocolates , some things from Lush that me mam gets for me

2 Likes

Double date!

1 Like

Oh I also often buy a really pretty tree decoration for stocking fillers or small gifts. Sass and belle do beautiful glass birds for about £6. Think it’s really nice as most people keep their tree decs most of their lives so it’s nice to associate them with people you love.

3 Likes

(Last year, on that note, i bought tiny photo frames for passport photos and got M in a photo booth wearing a santa hat, the frames were on a string loop so personalised tree decs for her grandparents)

1 Like

Deffo this. Bought my mum a turtle doves tree dec off a client of mine that teach prisoners to stitch while they’re banged up. Got a Christmas llama one for a pal this year.

1 Like

1 Like