• Standard Temperature and Pressure
  • Scientist Training Programme
  • Star Trek: Picard
  • Other please specify

0 voters

itā€™s actually Guided by Voices, cheers

How do you do this?

1 Like

Ah weā€™re doing the ā€œ90s band that, on paper, I should love but canā€™t be doing with the chapā€™s voiceā€ thread early this year I see.

1 Like

This is great and always makes me think I should give The Doors another try so I give The Doors another try and whaddya know I still hate The Doors.

3 Likes

Banger.

2 Likes

STP 4/5 HGATR all day long.

1 Like

While I disagree with your proposition, I commend you on the bravery of your statement.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a really pretty, fuzzy one that never made it to the radio. His melodies are so good.

They wrote some bangers and Iā€™ll always be partial to purple but theyā€™re a second tier 90s rock band at best. Scott could always be relied upon to write some stinking lyrics to spoil a good sing along. ā€œAnd I feel when the dogs begin to smell her/will she smell alone?ā€ 'The fuck you talking about, Weiland?

Never really given this much of a listen. Any good?

Or this, come to think of it. Thatā€™s this afternoonā€™s listening sortedā€¦.

Oh man, I havenā€™t listened to Talk Show in over 20 years. I remember liking the album when I got it, and there are definitely some very good songs on there, but it is missing some of that intangible chemistry between the full band.

Really need to finally listen to 12 Bar Blues. I remember seeing Barbarella on MTV2 and I absolutely loved it, but I could never find the CD anywhere. Completely forgot about it in the Spotify era.

1 Like

Yeah Barbarella was the only one I was familiar with. Didnā€™t give it much of a chance back in the day because I was only interested in music with distorted guitars in 1998. Same reason I completely sacked off Chris Cornellā€™s first solo album the following yearā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

I rinsed 12 Bar Blues back when it came out, really liked it a lot. Remember thinking at the time that it sounded a lot like it had a heavy Beck influence which wasnā€™t something Iā€™d have expected from anyone associated with Stone Temple Pilots.

1 Like