🕺 💃 Strictly come dancing! 💃🕺

OK, was at LCD Soundsystem last week, so this is ep 1 of the new series for me. Thoughts;

I’d love to nut that vicar, hate him, not nearly as I hate Anton tho - the Nigel Farage of Strictly.

Craig and Bruno are still my two favourite people on TV <3 <3 <3

Darcy’s talked the producers into letting her be really nice to people this series, but she still winds me up for being posh.

No strong feelings on the new judge, but I miss the absolute boy Len.

I’ve come around to feeling benevolent towards Claudia “car crash” Winkleman’s presenting, it’s ropey af but at least it’s preferable to when we sat there worrying that Brucie might expire before he reaches the punchline of his racist joke.

Simon Rimmer is hysterical, what a dick, love watching him.

Susan Calman is sort of funny and endearing I suppose.

I reckon Aston’s puppy persona is going to go across v well with middle England, and I’m warm towards him atm, but I don’t think he’s got the personality to sustain my interest up to Blackpool. Could be wrong tho.

Does Mollie King have as good banter as I think she does or am I just willing myself to think that because of how much I loved The Saturdays?

And I say this every year but the Beeb never pay attention for some reason; cut the dances out, they’re boring and unnecessarily protract the show, just get straight the the critiques, that’s what we’re here for. Nobody gives a fuck about ballroom dancing, it’s rubbish.

Looking forward to Darcy and Shirley have an all out cat fight. Feels like the good ones are very very good, right from the start. Where do the likes of Alexandra go from here?

The only question tonight is: can the Great British Public rise to the challenge of knocking the black woman five places down the leaderboard into the dance-off?

1 Like

Stop trying to ruin strictly.

Nah I love it in a genuinely unironic way. I think Winkelman’s great. I really liked the waltz that that one did (she was probably from Emmerdale) and even after two watches we couldn’t work out what was so disastrous about the one with the eyes too far apart in the spangly dress. Also: poor Eamonn Holmes’ son, for looking so much like his dad.

Who do you think will go tonight? Probably Brendan’s partner whose name I can’t even remember.

Yeah that was one joyless Charleston. Mrs F wants Conley thrown under the bus. I’d go for Rimmer, but the whole of Liverpool’s going to save the stampy sod.

I love Simon Rimmer. I find it fascinating what a shamelessly self-promoting ego prick he is and how much he wants to be on the TV, even though he’s a grumpy arse with not a lot of personality.

Bye bye reverend :crossed_fingers:

reverend’s fine innit?

I don’t know. He has a whiff of Sergeant about him

WHAT?!

Ok. Bye bye Brian.

They did it!

:worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:

Fucking grim. I was steaming at that. I thought when Craig gave her the nod it would be a shoo-in for new head judge to show her chops breaking a deadlock, but no. For my money she improved a lot in that performance and I could almost believe that Conley was actually trying to throw it for her.

My dad convinced me that the vicar was a member of the housemartins last night.

he wasn’t.

1 Like

Right era, wrong band.

Probably confused the Reverend with Norman Cook.

1 Like

Well, well, well. Just about ready to watch the 1 hr special of ‘It Takes Two’.
Wine glass ready, pasta ready. Only 15 minutes to go …

1 Like

Susan’s gotta win.

Why are they in Blackpool and why are they all pretending to be excited about it