Strikes

McDonald’s, Spoons, TGI Fridays, Uber Eats, Deliveroo. You in? (As in staying out?)

1 Like

I support the strike, but it’s been years since I used any of the companies involved, so I can’t really say that I am boycotting them today in solidarity.

2 Likes

Went to maccies yesterday and will be going tomorrow so fully in support of the strike today

2 Likes

Is this a thread about strikes or one for people to boast about how they’re far too middle class to use certain eating establishments?

29 Likes

Use Deliveroo loads because I’m a massive member of the Conservative and Unionist party of the United Kingdom. I will not use them today because there’s a pork shoulder in the slow cooker.

Support the strikes.

Would say that one of my brothers has been employed by Maccies for 5 years now since leaving school at 16. They’ve broadly been great to him - it’s all franchises though to clearly doesn’t necessarily apply beyond the limited bubble of my vicarious experience of them as an employer.

1 Like

Its fine to just say you support workers and leave it at that, guys.

(Solidarity, obviously)

Oh, @blimeycharlie beat me to it.

10 Likes

Not been to any of them this year I don’t think (maybe a mcdonalds?) but yes, I support the strikes

Is the strike today?

1 Like

I go once a week

Yep

4 Likes

I use the first 2 all the time and am fully in support of the workers’ right to strike, good on them

:heart:

5 Likes

Ok cool, my parents are out and sometimes they bring macdos back, so I’ve texted them to say there’s a strike today.

1 Like

Everyone I know who (two people) has worked there past the first couple months has had really positive things to say about it, it seems to be good for career progression

1 Like

I might pop down to the TGI Fridays I used to work at and see if there’s a picket line, I doubt it though

1 Like

Best of luck to the strikers.

1 Like

Also deliveroo and uber eats are mainly used by the middle class right?

3 Likes

Reading up on it a bit more I don’t think the strikes is amounting to anything more than a couple or restaurants unfortunately, at least for maccies. None of the three I went past in Nottingham are taking part (though I guess the city does have the scab reputation). Shame.