Strongly encourage you all to listen to Faux Real

MGMT meets Sparks meets a pisstake that Americans are very good at.
Playing in Manchester in Oct

1 Like

Not for me I’m afraid (only saw the thumbnail)

3 Likes

Actually enjoyed this…until the gratuitous autotune. Which luckily was brief but hard to forgive.

the song is very good though I get that Steely Dan vibe of an irony so deep that it makes me feel oddly sad. fantastic band name actually.

1 Like

There’s a brilliant live video of them playing a gig in what I think is some sort of old people’s home or seniors community event in New York from a few years ago and it’s so good, everyone there absolutely loves them. Trying to dig it up but I’ve got a feeling it might have been an insta story type thing over YouTube. I’ll do a bit more digging tomorrow, it’s gotta be out there somewhere!

I know them a little bit as we have a lot of mutual friends so have been at gigs/parties where we’ve chatted, genuinely lovely guys and wish em all the success.

1 Like

Please find!

Went to Wide Awake and they were the highlight for me, even though I couldnt quite work them out at the time. Looked like a cross between performance art and an interactive aerobics session.

seems like the upcoming UK dates are supporting Los Bitchos

1 Like

Closest I could get is a tik tok but lots of edits and a different song over the top, more convinced than ever it would have been an insta story thing originally now! Arghh. Still quite endearing though

1 Like

Also this thread has inspired me to wear this today, not worn it for a while hence being a bit creased!

2 Likes

Absolutely love bands that can create a demented mythology like this, see also: Arnocorps

2 Likes

umm have listened to this song at least 20 times since yesterday. none of their other songs hit as hard for me (Second Sweat is pretty good).

1 Like

Another convert. Good stuff.
More of a live band really, this video represents them pretty well tho

Album now available for pre-order on bandcamp.
Smokin’