Stuff that’s considered great that would be considered really shit if someone else had done it

Because people like a deep voiced singer over moody backing tracks and they were filling the void after Interpol went to total shite?

I still quite like the 2 good national albums. Shite ever since.

Have you seen the film about the national? Feel like it would be right up your street. 2 of your great loves combined

This is essentially all modern art, surely.

And probably quite a lot of non-modern art.

Maybe I just don’t really get art.

2 Likes

People really into the concept of nation states

Oh I’ve seen it Aggers, along with all the other films I’ve seen.

3 Likes

if idk, Middlesborough had invented tiki taka.

1 Like

sometimes when a defender scores a suprisingly good goal people say things like “if messi scored that, we wouldn’t hear the end of it”, which is bullshit imo, messi has scored lots of good goals and im not constantly hearing about them

1 Like

This is a good point because the parmo should be eaten all across the world but it’s barely made it past Sunderland.

3 Likes

Gregor Mendeleev only gets credit because of his name.

If Gary Megson had developed the periodic table he’d have been called lucky

1 Like

Like how Graham Taylor invented “pressing high” but it was considered shit but now it’s called “gegenpressing” and everyone cums their tiny little pants about it

6 Likes

All Radiohead albums since In Rainbows.

This. I remember teams trying it against Arsenal when we were good 20 years ago and it was widely seen as being anti-football.

1 Like

BBC news theme tune could’ve been a fucking massive club banger if it wasn’t a news theme.m tune.

3 Likes

Same with Valerian Ismael. Heard loads of stuff about how progressive and interesting his barnsley and then west brom teams are. It’s literally just lumping it to a big man and winning second balls. Baffling

2 Likes

Also, “Tiki-Taka” is just extremely conservative, safety first bullshit that is exceptionally boring to watch

2 Likes

I find it quite nice to watch I’m afraid.

And at the very least it is a distinctive, observable thing that was pretty much unique when it first came out

1 Like

A LOT of modern art would be considered shit if someone else did it.

1 Like

if Middlesborough had invented Lionel Messi we’d all be talking about it for weeks

Don’t Italians feel this way about most food?

If a random new indie band released a Sonic Youth album as their own it would be considered boring / generic / shit and just pass everyone by.

1 Like