Stuff that you don't like it when people say it because it explains the thing that you already knew about

I’d recommend it. You know when people say “it’s like a real life Alan Partridge!” and you’re like “yeah ok, whatever” but this is an actual late-night radio phone in show that is absurdly Partridge-like and equally as amusing IMO.

I’ve heard that about the Tony Blackburn auto biography and am tempted to read it.

1 Like

I can well imagine this being the case for Tony Blackburn. I have to stress how much I think Nick Abbot would scratch that itch more however.

What about when a joke is Quite Funny on a situational comedy (sitcom) on the television (TV) and is confirmed by a laughing track on said TV sitcom? It reaffirms my excellent sense of humour, I find.

Often what people attribute to “laughing track” is actually “people in real life laughing as part of a studio audience” as such I find it difficult to get too bothered about them beyond admiring the specific acting talent of “staying in the bit” until the laughter dies down.

1 Like

I got rebuked on Facebook for saying that I loved the smell of petrichor, because petrichor is actually the smell given off by the ground as rain falls on it after a long dry period.

I like the word “rebuked” but I’m sorry that you experienced it

People need to be told @anon5266188. If they didn’t, you wouldn’t have started a thread about it. I received my admonishment, and now I’ll never make the same mistake again, except perhaps when a discussion comes up about tautology.

I don’t think people need to be told about minor things like this really

I’m still not going to try it again.

Just tastes of salt, everyone likes salt

I don’t even put extra salt on my food. Except for chips, of course. With malt vinegar. Otherwise, no salt.

I never add salt into anything, chances are there will already be a fair amount of salt already in most things, because people like salt, hence my disbelief that so many people don’t like marmite

‘Tory bellend’

8 Likes

Next time just say “I love the smell of THE LIFE-BLOOD OF THE STONES” because that’s what petrichor means.

2 Likes

“England’s only world class player, Jesse Lingard”

1 Like

honestly, you lot sometimes!

Nah, this thread is specific to phrases like Al Dente and Marmite. Hearing people explain things is always good.

The study of rich chocolate desserts.