Stuff that your Mums have very strong, negative opinions about

things: marshmallows, fennel, the music of Coldplay

people: Bjork, Prince, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn, Gloria Hunniford, Liv Tyler, Morrissey, everyone who was responsible for getting her made redundant from the church office job that she had for 17 years (a bunch of people, but especially this woman called Sue Chalkley who has an awful haircut. she had never used the word ‘cunt’ til a few years back but she has called Sue a cunt twice in the last year. scenes.)

5 Likes

Every time there’s a vaguely high-profile murder case in the UK, my mum watches the news, selects some family member/partner being interviewed and declares THEY DONE IT in no uncertain terms. She’s right about one time in thirty, which is more than enough to maintain her self-righteous belief in her next case. Ho hum

6 Likes

Abstract art - ‘I could do that’
Men with beards - Noel Edmunds, Jeremy Corbyn, the Yorkshire Ripper - views them as untrustworthy
The word ‘shagging’

1 Like

Tories
Vespas
The Third Ear Band

:cry:

Hates Paul Hollywood, Gregg Wallace and Boris Johnson to the point she can’t stand keeping the TV on.

Can’t argue with any of those.

motorbikes

I dunno if negative is the right word but my mum finds David Bowie, Neil Young’s and Richard E Grant’s voices really annoying and doesn’t like to hear them ever.

She does have a very negative opinion about Thatcher and the Tories.

Oh yes, my mum fucking DETESTS Gregg Wallace

She was looking at the window display of the Lego shop in Bluewater with her friend and Gregg jauntily said “Lego’s not for girls!” or something like that and she hissed at him. She’s despised him ever since.

5 Likes

This is a decent reason to hate him, although I also like that Gregg Wallace just apparently stalks your mum shit-talking at her.

2 Likes

Ed Milliband (finds him creepy)
Corbyn (thinks he’s a con man, likewise so does my dad)
Noel Fielding (to the point she doesn’t watch bake off anymore)

What are her opinions of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones?

Oh wow.

A colleague met him and had to spend several hours in his company last week. Was apparently constantly making smart arse/condescending comments about everything and everyone and generally came across as a complete arsehole.

My colleague didn’t have a clue who he was either and I really hope he told him that.

1 Like

More of a chess person?

1 Like

My wife’s parents keep Marmite in the fridge. The only thing that succeeds in doing is make it smash up the bread when you try to spread it.

Just to say I think this might be the greatest return to action since Robbie Fowler in 2006.

4 Likes

That you shouldn’t leave plug sockets switched on with nothing plugged into them

1 Like

Would she like to post in here?

My mum hates tea, never misses an opportunity to remind us all that tea is disgusting and people who drink it are deviant. She loves coffee, drinks Nescafe all day long.
She also hates all soap operas except Emmerdale. Particular venom reserved for Corrie and Eastenders.
And she hates the Tories, but this seems unremarkable in the current climate