Subtle Arguments You've Had With Your Significant Other During Isolation..

Oh no, I will never stop hearing this now

Kitchen or bathroom, I’ve washed my hands with Fairy Liquid in non-global crisis times when I’ve been skint and it’s always seemed to work just as fine as handwash. Only minor skin irritation. Obviously at times like these if I’m wrong I’ll listen to experts.

Also don’t put everything in there under the guise of ‘washing up’, then walk away from it and leave it there, and then subsequently bollock me for putting things in the sink. I am the one who washes up! Like actually washes up, to the point where things are clean and usable rather than wet.

I will never, ever vocalise this, which is probably why we’ve been married seven years.

9 Likes
  • have it out there and then
  • save it up for later

0 voters

Wait, people use more than one mug a day?

Also we have a dishwasher so WHY ARE YOU PUTTING DIRTY PLATES IN THE SINK THEY WILL JSUT GET WET

2 Likes

if you use one there’s less washing up to do :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Played the Jaws board game last night and I was the crew and my partner was the shark and I got really annoyed and went to bed when she ate my boat.

14 Likes

This sounds like most of our arguments.

Hey @avery have you put those ducks and Star Wars things on ebay yet? Or are the boxes going to spend another 2 years in the living room?

1 Like

got so used to drinking out of one specific mug that it feels weird and not right if I get a different one

2 Likes

as long as you are happy, I couldn’t live that way

2 Likes

4 a day:

• breakfast
  • mid-morning
  • afternoon
  • evening

I’d work out a rota so each mug had a day to itself, would give me a reason to make each day feel different. Too late now though, I’ll never betray yellow flower mug

3 Likes

When I was a kid my dad used to fine me 15p (really) out of my pocket money for every mug he had to bring down from my bedroom. So one day in a minor act of rebellion I deliberately let about 20 of them accumulate. That showed him

(actually it didn’t, he fined me anyway, but it does illustrate how extrinsic motivation is less powerful than intrinsic).

7 Likes

I think its a great idea. I would watch such a video.

3 Likes

Re: mug use, there is a third, darker way

7 Likes

I wash out my mug and cafetière just with water, then chuck the grounds into the flowerbed. Do this 3 or 4 times a day. Give the mug and cafetière a proper wash when I do the washing up after my dinner

1 Like

drink from the kettle?

11 Likes

Hold the teabag in your mouth, pour boiling water directly in from the kettle, add milk if required, swill it about for a couple of minutes, fish the teabag out and swallow the tea.

10 Likes

Turns out when she asks me to do the washing up she means now and not when I feel like it.

4 Likes