Sufjan Stevens

Adz leapfrogs Illinois and C&L, otherwise exactly the same.

2 Likes

Very hard to separate the top three - there are definitely times where Adz is the perfect album. Also I long for a day when he’ll play Impossible Soul live again and I’ll see it.

3 Likes

Have to say, I love ‘Impossible Soul’ to bits but the rest of Adz leaves me pretty cold. Maybe I need to have another go at it.

I think the scope and execution of Adz pips Illinois and C&L for me. Plus that live show really elevated it on a personal level.

1 Like

The best sufjan album is whichever of the 4 10/10s I’ve listened to most recently

3 Likes

:penguin: :mega: Michigan is better than Illinois

2 Likes

Age Of Adz
Illinois
Seven Swans
Carrie & Lowell
The Ascension
Michigan

Imo

Seven Swans
Illinois
The Avalanche
Michigan
Carrie & Lowell
The Ascension
Age of Adz
the rest

4 Likes

Illinois
C&L
Seven Swans
Michigan
Age of Adz

The Ascension

I don’t mind the new one, but it’s several rungs below all of those. The live show was definitely the most impressive thing about Age of Adz, but it’s a good album nonetheless. After Adz, the new one, and a few of the other side projects he’s done, I might be tempted to say… He’s not particularly good at making electronic music :confused: . Worked as a one off/passages in songs, but isn’t his forte at all.

Illinois/C&L>Seven Swans>Michigan>Adz>Ascesnion>Pinkerton>Pablo Honey

You forgot Alligator and Boxer

Alligator/Boxer>Illinois/C&L>Seven Swans>Michigan>Adz>Ascesnion>Pinkerton>Pablo Honey

C&L
TBC

Probably;
Adz
Illinois
C&L
Michigan
Ascension
Seven Swans

Avalanche would go after C&L I think.

Illinois
C&L
Seven Swans
Ascension
Adz
Michigan

Impossible Soul is one of my favourite songs of all time so I should maybe bump Adz up on that merit, but at the same time every time I try to listen to the album I just end up skipping to the end. IS just does everything that every other track does on that album better.

2 Likes

can’t wait for a year or two from now when everyone says they loved the Ascension live tour and they now think it’s the best album he’s ever done after all

3 Likes
6 Likes

He’s gone ambient drone

Fucking yes

4 Likes

Oh it’s on Spotify now

Am enjoying

4 Likes

Pricey box set!