Sufjan Stevens

Another Christmas music boxset next year would be good.

1 Like

Went straight to find this version of Futile after reading your post, its one of my favourite Sufjan songs. Obviously its brilliant.

1 Like

Itā€™s one of the best songs ever written IMO.

1 Like

Fucking hell, I didnā€™t think this song could get any better but this version is crushing. Iā€™ve listened to it three times already.

I would agree with that.

1 Like

Call Me By Your Name was a fucking mint film, Soof songs fit incredibly well, Futile Devices version breathtaking there. Loved it. The Greatest Gift is sounding lush, but not had the chance for a proper full listen yet.

1 Like

Listening to this for the first time, itā€™s great. Anyone else reminded of ā€œOne More Robotā€ by the Flaming Lips by the ā€œAll of Me Wants All of Youā€ remix?

Sad state of affairs (and a selfish standpoint I know), but I keep seeing this thread bumped and thinking ā€œoh no, not him as well?ā€

Bloody love Sufjan.

1 Like
5 Likes

Both versions here:

Great stuff, weā€™ve pretty much had an albumā€™s worth of new(ish) Suf this year now!

FJM is not fit to lace Sufjan Stevensā€™s boots.

1 Like

Heā€™s a known troll, ignore him :slight_smile:

Itā€™s almost as if Sufjan knows new material will drum up particular excitement nowā€¦as weā€™re all digging out his christmas boxsets and putting them on repeat.

2 Likes

Iā€™m listening to Illinois as we speak.

SUFJAAAAAAAAAAAAN! shakes fist

My eldest has requested two Sufjan tracks (Sister Winter and Get Behind Me, Santa) for her classā€™s Christmas playlist :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is a running theme IIRC?

She has excellent taste

1 Like

Just about the most hackneyed trope of modern music - people mistakenly think it makes them sound like they are ā€˜for realā€™. The longer Sufjan avoids it the better.

2 Likes

Yes, sheā€™s a little obsessed with the Songs For Christmas boxset :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of the most established ways of trying to fake emotional intensity (and sound like Chris Martin).