Sufjan Stevens

Think he had Harry at the manchester one

1 Like

I skipped on the Age Of Adz tour because I didn’t have much money, and back then the thought of going to a gig on my own if nobody else wanted to go was mortifying, and I didn’t really like AOA at first, actually grew to dislike it a bit until I went back in the lead up to C&L. Really pissed off at my young self for that. I would kill to see Impossible Soul live. Didn’t realise how massive he’d go with it until the streams of the US fests he did around 2016.

2 Likes

There’s a decent enough yotube of impossible soul live. I watch it all the time. Have fantasised about throwing a fancy dress party for years just so i can go dressed as him on that tour but would require that black lighting be installed.

3 Likes

the swans wings would probably be quite impractical too…

anyway, just look at this setlist! Cor!

10 Likes

I wonder if he knows just how amazing that tour was?

4 Likes

Jinkies!

i hope so

i love the fact he said he was inspired by Justin Bieber for it

2 Likes

Been obsessed with sufjan for years and years but oddly (and sadly) never seen him live X

1 Like

1st time I saw him it was just Sufjan with a banjo and a notepad he used to illustrate his stories between songs, he was 3rd on the bill (iron and wine was next and I can’t remember the headliner, I was there for the other 2)

Was quite the contrast with the next time I saw him on the AOA tour

It was an amazing night and it’s definitely one of my top 3 gigs (and I’ve been to a lot). I’ve seen him several times, I mentioned in the musical regrets thread that I nearly saw him supporting Rosie Thomas in Sheffield around 2000… On reflection I’m quite glad I missed him as this would be around the time ‘A Sun Came’ and I may not have liked him.

1 Like

I reference this very moment all the time :smiling_face_with_tear:

In Dublin I remember one of the dancers climbing from the stage onto the speakers and up into one of the little boxes at the side of the theatre

1 Like

Huh I thought St Vincent had left his band by then

This is a joke about St Vincent climbing up onto the balcony in like 3 of the live shows I’ve seen her do, so I’m hoping this is a recognisable bit of her schtick for people to go “haha” or something, and not just I’ve happened to be there the only three times she’s decided to do it

2 Likes

haha

7 Likes