Sufjan Stevens

Was never really into it when it came out but has been on heavy rotation recently at home and fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I know Iā€™m in a tiny minority, but adz really doesnt do anything for me. Donā€™t even like impossible soul.

Michigan and seven swans are the ones i come back to the most these days.

C&l is incredible, but emotionally draining. Cant listen to it too often. Illinois is obviously incredible but i think ive overplayed it, if thats possible.

Incredible
Incredible

(Chill out general levy)

2 Likes

This was incredible at End of the Road, with everyone in the field chanting along.

Always so gutted I missed the Age of Adz shows, my gf went (we werenā€™t together at the time) and never lets me forget it.

1 Like

Hate to rub it in, but the Age of Adz show at the Royal Festival Hall is the best gig Iā€™ve ever been to and I canā€™t see anything topping it.

7 Likes

SO I HAVE HEARD

1 Like

Been to the last 2 tours and age of adz (brighton) just beat Carrie and Lowell imo

Iā€™ve seen him at the Barbican (Illinois) and at RFH (C&L). I loved the C&L show but it was spoiled slightly by the 15 minute drone-out at the end of Blue Bucket Of Gold, during which I became progressively more concerned about missing our train home!

The Barbican show featured a song called Majesty Snowbird that I donā€™t think he ever got round to releasing. Amazes me how he manages to write so many songs.

I was at that Barb gig. Front row, full on tears for the entire two hours. Didnā€™t manage to catch an inflatable Santa :cry:

Since then, two Adz shows (one at RFH? the other Primavera), both were justā€¦ :open_mouth: and C&L at RFH.

1 Like

Big regrets over missing the Adz shows as Iā€™m a long time fan, but it was logistically impossible for me at the time. Saw him at Dingwalls on the Seven Swans tour and again at Shepherdā€™s Bush for Illinois, before that sublime C&L EOTR set. Heā€™s just such an amazing performer.

Reckon Illinois is probably still my favourite of his albums. The highs (title track, Chicago, John Wayne Gacy, etcā€¦) are so good, itā€™s the one I go back to the most. But there is a case for saying that other albums are more consistent.

I just love him, really

Best show Iā€™ve ever seen, that Brighton show.

Same, was delighted he opened with it on the Adz tour. Also a big fan of The Dress Looks Nice on You

Yeah I quite like Adz but itā€™s far from my favourite. Before seeing it live I found it quite a frustrating record

1 Like

Majesty Snowbird is his best song

I was thinking about this on the way to work, particularly with reference to Vitoā€™s Ordination Song (from Michigan), which appears to be written from the perspective of God, talking to Sufjanā€™s friend. Itā€™s a beautiful and moving song; I was thinking ā€œhow would I feel listening to this song if I was atheist / agnostic?ā€ - so Iā€™m glad to hear your response.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a good case for ā€˜Enjoy Your Rabbitā€™!

Ah, I totally forgot about the two pre-Michigan albums! Iā€™ve never listened to them properly

This is untrue. Itā€™s probably the best thing Iā€™ve ever seen live

6 Likes
1 Like