Summer 2018 Brexit Thread - Still doomed, but in considerably hotter weather

New thread for the summer months?

Boris Johnson is being a dick, so that’s novel:

Spring 2018 Brexit Thread - Dooooooooomed

I love the Mail’s reaction: ‘Boris Johnson is being wilfully insubordinate yet again - Theresa May should sack Philip Hammond!’

Your current prediction:

• Soft Brexit
  • Hard Brexit
  • No Deal Brexit
  • No Brexit/Brexit in Name Only

0 voters

This is interesting. I take little hope from it but still

Ah okay who’s Susan then?

If I wanted to go full conspiracy theory this could be a step to turning public opinion against brexit or for another vote and putting it all in the bin before March.

In reality nothing will probably change.

I think the odds of no Brexit are basically zero now. But will at least slightly detoxify the right

Please note I said slightly before anyone blows a snot bubble

“It’s so small and there are so few firms that actually use that border regularly, it’s just beyond belief that we’re allowing the tail to wag the dog in this way,” he said.

jfc

I went to a presentation by the Dept. for Exiting the EU yesterday. The idea was to be a bit more transparent about their work, but I learned literally nothing beyond what a common sense guess would have taught me. There was a Q&A to which answers to pretty straightforward questions were either ‘We don’t know’ or ‘We can’t share that information’. The only straight answer was to a question about what their biggest concerns as a department are: “There is absolutely no contingency plans to what we’re working towards”. :upside_down_face: Huzzah!

that is absolutely fucking terrifying

things really could come to a standstill

It takes a lot to make the jaws of 300 civil and public servants drop, but it’s a sight to behold when it happens.

i mean i wish i was even shocked by that at this point but it’s exactly as expected, eh. like, it used to be ‘surely things are being worked out behind the scenes here!’ but these days its ‘i fully assume the clown car on fire that is our government are winging this, badly.’

Yup. We’re entirely at the mercy of something that’s being made up on the hoof by people who hate each other. And if it doesn’t work out, we’re all fucked until something else is made up on the hoof by people who hate each other at extremely short notice.

:thinking:

It’s almost as if this was a question that should never have been put to the public to start with.

I came here to share this. So with that one we can assume the right/wrong split is roughly 50/50 but everyone thinks it’s going badly! Brilliant.

So safebruvs one is a readjustment of this survey? How on earth has ‘right’ increased?