Summer 2018 Brexit Thread

Looks like the Grieve amendment has been mostly acceded to. Wow. Which is good news on the face of it (obvs if you ignore Brexit is awful) but these things have a habit of blowing back in mysterious ways.

Leadership contest? DD to walk?

1 Like

summary: i don’t understand what i’m reading online

9 Likes

probably doesn’t need saying but

THIS IS ALL SUCH A MESS

Have you seen anywhere what the government have promised, or is it just the vague “concessions” that I’ve seen banded about?

I know we’re supposed to be all about the big tent today, but I really, really want pricks like this out of the party.

2 Likes

Not to mention Kate Hoey, ffs Vauxhall the one place where voting for the Lib Dems last year would have been better and you all voted for her anyway!

He’s the MP for my neighbouring borough and just… ugh. Although I’d still rather have him than the ultra-Tory I’ve got

Ha I went to same one I think. Was absolutely awful. Worst presentation I’ve ever been too.

one of the tories said a good thing about how he was rebelling because this is a situation similar to the death penalty, like just cos loads of people want it doesn’t mean we should cave etc.

1 Like

Not yet just hearsay on the ol twitter

1 Like

Yeah Tim Farron’s Liberal Democrats were definitely a party the residents of Vauxhall could get behind…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas/status/1006579505119531010

1 Like

What a big pile of shite

Can the Lords send it back again or is that it?

1 Like

It’s got to go back through the Lords, yes, which is where the govt will put forward another amendment, as negotiated today.

Yes. Should have said " the govt said they will"

This is the clarification I was looking for, cheers

I do not trust May’s ‘promise’ for a second, surprised her MPs do

1 Like

So… Alton Towers won’t be closing down and we can still have cars from 40 years ago then?

Or at least, in the context of a Sun front page, we might have to give Loch Ness monster to the French, but we get to keep the rest?

1 Like

literally the main thing i want to preserve in the UK are gregg’s veg pasties. absolute revelation of flavour.

If there’s one thing we’ve learnt today, it’s that May can always be relied upon to find a way of making a decision later.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe, but if there’s one thing that May is good at it’s using weasel words to appear to mean one thing while actually meaning something else