Summer 2018 Brexit Thread

ooft

Hearing from my #government m9 that the government are sitting on both a secret chequers deal that they haven’t revealed to the EU and 70ish no deal public guideline notices. The whole thing has this really silly name called project yellowhammer or some shit. Can’t remember since I was drunk.

pcbe

3 Likes

are these gonna be like the 70s/80s public information films? Hope so

1 Like

At least we’ll save that 40k million pounds a a year we send to brussels

3 Likes

this is the first time in ages I’ve seen anyone vaguely mainstream in the centre express what Adam Smith actually thought about capitalism.

Something really hilarious that the tweet all this was responding to has seemingly been deleted.

Coming to the UK next autumn - cannibalism!

moving to a whisky and salmon diet then.

1 Like

I’m not even going to click through, because I can see “…if Britain had to be self sufficient”. I’m no fan of Brexit, but I’m pretty sure we’ll still be able to import stuff - it’s just it’ll be taxed differently (probably higher) and may take longer to get here.

1 Like

a lot of fresh food would definitely vanish though

https://twitter.com/theneweuropean/status/1027126431795605505?s=21

Nice one mate

1 Like

That’ll show 'em

13 Likes

If only Corbyn showed similar levels of getting on with it

5 Likes

Could grow a patch of marrows in his allotment which spell out STOP BREXIT when viewed from above couldn’t he.

But has he? Has he shite.

1 Like

Has anyone here actually started stockpiling? It all feels faintly ridiculous - like those survivalists prepping for nuclear war - and yet people seem to be buying in.

on the one hand i don’t want to downplay what a spot we’re in, but on the other we aren’t exactly a rational country and stuff like this could cause a lot of panic if not very carefully contextualised. let’s not lose our heads here.

1 Like

remember the millennium bug stockpiling. Think my dad’s still got some large bottles of water gathering dust in his garage.

3 Likes

I remember one of my brother’s mates having a mad Grandad who stockpiled baked beans in his shed in case of World War 3.

terrible choice of weapon

10 Likes