Summer 2018 Brexit Thread

Ahh I think my phrasing is a bit shit today as I didn’t mean to suggest you specifically looked down on me because I’m not from a city! That was meant to be a more general point that where possible people should be a bit more receptive to (not-terrible) views outside of the bubble, and listen a bit more, rather than falling over ourselves to win arguments or shut people down (not that you do this imo). Thanks for apology tho, and sorry for being unclear myself x

I wonder if any brexit people have done a ‘politics’ coming home’ take on the baddiel and skinner number. gonna find out.

Think that means you’re the new brexit secretary. Congratulations

6 Likes

Ah ok! You’re probably the most eloquent person here so it is highly doubtful that your phrasing is more to blame for the confusion than my own meddling.

And you’re bang right. I’m quite lucky in that I’ve got a lot of friends etc. who live all over the place (I’ve got more friends outside of London than in it I’d wager) so that’s always instructive talking to those folk about it. A fair few of them voted Brexit as well, but I’m yet to speak to any of them who think it’s all going swimmingly. The idea that the ERG fantasists in the Tory party or The Sun/Mail/Express are in line with what I hear from those lads is an absolute nonsense.

1 Like

yep

4 Likes

While we’re in a reflective mood, and while we’re meditating on whether this thread is actually doing anyone any good…

Has anyone ever tried doing CTRL+F and searching for “fucked” and “doomed” in one of these threads?

1 Like

It’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming, sovereignty’s coming home.

Everyone seems to know the score,
They’ve seen it all before,
They just know,
They’re so sure,
The UK’s given power away
The EU’s here to stay,
But I believe in Ms May,
Coz I remember…

11 Likes

Was wondering which country would make a more satisfying leaving name than Brexit.

At the moment the best two I’ve come up with are Spexit and Belexit. Gerexit is rubbish.

Vetoed. 3 hours of meetings in a day??? Too hard working!

have really enjoyed feasting on your fish and money these past 8 months tbh

1 Like

Gerout! works though

5 Likes

Somalilexit

1 Like

Don’t really understand why anyone would need to spend three hours in any sort of meeting to be honest. Just walk in, demand something and then walk out again. Easy.

Espaxit

would never happen though. what would the spanish do without their beds of english fish and money.

1 Like

central african repubxit

I’ve achieved what David Davis would’ve taken 4.5 months to achieve. VOTE PERV

2 Likes

Choon tbf

2 Likes

Quiero respirar tu cuello espaxit

1 Like