Summer 2018 Brexit Thread

Would be up for it. Swexit. What a word

1 Like

Don’t all these right-wing parties say they’re going to exit the Eurozone/EU and then they just quietly drop the pledges when they gain power? Or maybe that’s just Italy?

If only the tories had been that clever.

1 Like

That would be the only funny thing about Brexit.

7 Likes

I don’t think I can follow this story anymore. The cold hard facts are that a bunch of cunts lied and cheated to win something that will benefit them only and massively negatively impact on the quality of life of every other resident of the UK.

When you look at it like that, what’s the point?

2 Likes

And there will be no accountability.

Even the electorate will still continue to vote Tory despite all this complete shambles being their doing because they fear the chaos of a labour government because that’s how the media is framing it.

1 Like

There isn’t a point (apart from tax avoidance for the super rich) but we can’t possibly stop it now as it’ll make a small amount of old white men angry.

1 Like

Well if the cabinet had any principles they would resign and refuse to drive the car off the cliff. But they don’t.

1 Like

Fixed.

8 Likes

Yes they would. We can only hope that some sanity prevails and the car is stopped teetering on the edge of the cliff before it goes full Thelma and Louise.

Still reckon that May believes she can stall this thing without doing anything until she’s actually dead.

:sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/grannymugger/status/1019172383800938502

13 Likes

Or we’re all dead. Which ever comes first.

On this point, how strong is ERG’s presence in May’s government, I genuinely thought they were a minority.

Would never happen.

But obviously this is the result if it did. We could fight the UK with sticks and stones and still win.

1 Like

I think they are. There’s always been whispers that ‘most’ Tory MPs think it’s stupid but are going along with it anyway.

A lot! A UK invasion of Ireland though? Fucking nuts idea.

About 30-40 MPs I think, although I’ve heard there’s 70-80 in their WhatsApp group.

Just to clarify - the thing that passed last night is immediately outright going to be rejected by the EU because of the Ireland issue amongst other things, is that right?

1 Like

Amongst a plethora of other reasons, all of which the EU have been entirely consistent on since 2016, absolutely.

1 Like