Summer 2018 Brexit Thread

So taking back control here means enabling a group who are subdivision of a even small portion of of the populace to set the agenda? :man_facepalming:

Yep. I have no idea why the government didn’t tell them (the ERG) to shut up and go away on yesterdays amendments. OK, they’d have had about 40 of them vote for it anyway, but they wouldn’t have passed. Now, they will think they can get whatever they want.

Are May and the rest ignorant to this fact or are they just, I dunno, fully aware but going to use it as evidence of the EU being ‘unreasonable’?

The media should be tearing politicians apart these days. Sit May down and say ‘how is the Ireland thing going to work’? Don’t let her off with her usual soundbite avoidance because this isn’t the run up to a general election, this is fucking important.

Can I strangle that amount of people? CAN I?*

*Jokes! JOKES!

1 Like

Yes.

Taking back control means losing control. It’s proper 1984 stuff.

May probably assumed that if she showed a little backbone then she’d have to fight a call of no confidence.

agreed. but the beeb now let her film pre-recorded and edited interviews in environments she’s comfortable in ffs. she still comes off as about as comfortable and natural as someone licking piss off a nettle, but still, she’s rarely asked anything that would seriously embarrass her.

2 Likes

15% of the current MP roster - I think that’s 48 - writing letters of no confidence is all it takes for the leadership proceedings to start within the Conservative party. They have the numbers.

Apparently Labour will vote against the motion to bring forward summer recess. Got to image some Tories will recognise it as a PR disaster and vote against as well, right?

Her sole aim now is to get to tomorrow. She’s no longer even pretending to govern or lead, she’s simply trying to herd cats for as long as she can possibly get away with.

1 Like

The EU just announced a lovely wee free trade deal with Japan while we’re fucking about. Good how stupid everything is eh…

6 Likes

There’s no point in coming up with a plan, because there’s no plan that you can make that would survive the day.

1 Like

This one is a proper racist party ‘Jews are not Swedes, Muslims are not swedes’ etc

You are the former leader of a political party that has based itself around a single issue. A crucial vote regarding that issue is coming up. Do you:

a) Attend

b) Give a speech at a conference about the gays instead

c) Doesn’t matter, just blame Corbyn somehow regardless

7 Likes

kill jester

6 Likes

Can i just quickly urge everyone to think of their mental health on this subject. It’s had an adverse effect on mine and I literally can’t stop getting involved in the subject and it’s starting to cause me sleepless nights

Edit; that’s not a think about how what you post is going to send me insane thing, it’s a look out for yourself thing. Everyone keep brain dumping, it’s interesting

6 Likes

i’m going to line my street with monkey mutts

2 Likes

Numbers to call the vote, yes, but numbers to win it? I dunno. And if they don’t, they can’t challenge May for another year. She’s obviously terrified of them, hence why she caved in yesterday, but think she’d be much better off to actually challenge their nonsense.

B, with a topping of C please

It’s just nonsense isn’t it. We’ll be able to trade with the world! Err, we already do and can get much better deals as a block of 28 countries than on our own.

1 Like