Summer 2018 Brexit Thread

Czexit and Porxit probably good too.

Your addiction to making your zingers cerebral is the principal reason why you will never become the leader of a right-wing populist movement.

2 Likes

did he die last year or did I dream that.

I just remembered lil Chris :frowning:

OK I like Italeave

2 Likes

nope, alive and kicking

Spanished from the eu

4 Likes

Can someone reboot @xylo please? I think he’s broken.

Den-jando

1 Like

Haha! I don’t know anyone who thinks it’s going swimmingly but they think that’s because of May/rebels/Labour/corporations fucking it up rather than because it’s a fucking shit idea. They seem to legitimately think that the fantasy will eventually come true if only Parliament will just respect the result.

Free trade deals all over the shop, control taken back, an Ed Sheeran cover of Freedom '90 blaring in every public space as we celebrate our new British utopia, free from EU tyranny, eating bendy bananas and setting red tape on fire!! And no more “jibber jabber”* of Polish being spoken in public (*as my ‘I don’t care about immigration!’ pro brexit ex colleague once called it)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/HealthUntoDeath/status/1019150266820677632

18 Likes

Oh man my absolute favourite bit of mansplaining was the very arrogant Countdown (and Tetris) champ who was passionately arguing with me that Finland wasn’t in the EU and he’d just done an exam on European law so he definitely knew he was right…

He knew I was in Helsinki at the time.

2 Likes

Ha! Maybe there is a genuine North/South Brexit divide!

1 Like

What do we want? A great deal from Michel Barnier

I was like “mate I’m at the airport and there’s an EU flag by the door” (technically not proof as Macedonia is filled with them, but he doesn’t know that. Is Macedonia now renamed Northern Macedonia officially?? Can’t remember.)

He did eventually concede but it did take about 10 minutes. Oxford and Cambridge graduate, special level of arrogance.

1 Like

They signed an agreement with Greece agreeing to change their name a month ago. It still needs to go through a referendum in Macedonia before it becomes official though.

1 Like

Nah you’re only ever one or the other. Anyone going from one to the other, the second one’s just a pity fuck.

4 Likes

All aboard the banterbus

Ahh cheers. I knew they’d signed something but wasn’t sure if it was official yet!

over 3,000 likes

https://twitter.com/brian_bilston/status/1018827940124069888

(not sure if this is the right thread or the terrible things posted on social one)