Summer Cricket Thread 🏏 🦗 (looks like insects are back on the menu) 🦗

Looks like Glamorgan drew the short straw

1 Like

55 over so far and I’m surprised they’ve got that many in.

Nice to see him getting Marnus, after missing out on the chance to see that battle in the last Ashes.

1 Like

Yep.

Glamorgan pushing on towards 300 now so unless Lancashire absolutely implode or go at 5+ an over for a whole day tomorrow its very much looking like a weather casualty draw.

1 Like

so odd seeing Jimmy playing for Lancashire at this point

like, a cricketing immortal, someone who is a guaranteed statue one day and also somehow still managing to be a transcendent bowler

it feels like he’s continued to ascend into the pantheon whilst regular first class cricket has diminished further, and yet here he is, gracing a game with his presence

7 Likes

harsh that bailey is the first lad out of the side when he comes back. its okay to have similar bowlers if the way they are similar is “being good at bowling”. you dont need 4 batting allrounders. play the two best bowlers we have together. sort it out.

2 Likes

hiya

hello stranger

1 Like

Not enough blocks for my liking, but a good effort

4 Likes

Just going through the motions at Old Trafford. Bit of a weird anticlimax for one of the few games that Anderson will play for the county.

Ffs Lawrence

1 Like

should probably be illegal to have abbott and abbas in the same championship lineup

Good if you’re trying to follow the cricket and revise Latin at the same time

1 Like

i imagine that would be quite a small subset of people.

no disrespect

3 Likes

C &b abbamis
Lbw abbamatis
Next up abbat

*abbant

Outed myself as a Latin dweeb there…

2 Likes

Shabs and abbants

1 Like

In my (forward) defence my phone decided to autocorrect “abbant”

1 Like