Summer Cricket Thread 🏏 🦗 (looks like insects are back on the menu) 🦗

James Vince’s attractive 22 would actually be a somewhat helpful score for once.

1 Like

Are Burns, Stokes and Archer all injured? WIll they be in India?

1 Like

Stokes and Archer rested, Burns’ partner is about to give birth

I presume they’ll be in India

1 Like

Most of the Indian team are getting injured here at the moment, so they might be a bit short when you lot turn up

Though Kohli should be pumped for it

Nice of us to try and make a game of it

1 Like

I have faith in our Yorkshire heroes.

Really enjoying the Moose Cup Powered by Daraz Series so far

Sad that Dhananjaya de Silva got injured against South Africa - watched some of the highlights, and he was playing a beautiful knock until he did his hamez…

It’s no worse behaviour than normal really, but the problem he has now is the “change” in culture that is supposed to have happened, and the year long propaganda documentary he was part of. Elite this and elite that, elite sportsmanship and taking elite dumps at lunchtime. Just might as well stick to his guns, the Aussies need to be the baddies.

He needs to be absolutely squeaky clean. If he can’t see that this isn’t something he should be doing, I don’t know what to tell you. And the defense from his teammates is pitiful, oh that’s just what Smithy does, he’s a bit quirky! Also he just quirkily tampers with the ball! It being supposedly a habit isn’t fine. I bet he manages not to do it again now.

Standing item on the agenda on your and our sides of the globe.

4 Likes

In @ a week when they next disgrace themselves?

Just caught up on the day. Starting at 5am isn’t ideal, but it occurred to me last night that there’s nothing stopping me recording the whole day and starting it at 9am. So I did.

Sri Lanka are a bad team right now, but that was still embarrassing. The flimsiest of efforts with the bat. Poor old Kumar looked ready to shoot the lot of them. He (unsurprisingly) said something really sensible about players not falling back on simply “playing their own game”. Test cricket requires adaptability, not just ploughing on regardless, otherwise it’s just an excuse. Made me think back to Headingly last year when Ben Stokes got through the last session on about 6 from 70 balls, then went ballistic next day when it was needed.

Chandimal needs to have a real word with himself after being dropped slapping one to cover, then doing it again. And the reverse sweeps, Lordy. Dismal batting.

Also would be great if Bairstow re-establishes himself in the team, he’s top 3 in the country for talent.

2 Likes

Justin Langer absolutely losing his rag on the TMS podcast. You love to hear it.

ROOOOOOOOOOOT

2 Likes

3 Likes

If India could field and run between wickets (and not get injured as much) they’d be all over us in this series

Aussie batting has been so patchy

And well done to Nath playing his 100th test (hmmm I wonder what this threads favourite Lyon moment is - really hard to work it out!)

Here is playing his first state game in his teens (just look what cricket does to you!)

2 Likes

Seen 2 no balls from spinners this morning

Ban this sick filth

Lol, and now he looks like Fredo from The Godfather

1 Like

Yeah, seem very reliant on Labs and Smiffy. I’m sure Smith will be back scoring a hundred in every innings when England arrive later this year. Having said that, I watched some highlights of the last Test and Cameron Green looked pretty tasty. Looked like a proper Test bat and then went seamlessly into T20 mode when Aus needed quick runs