Summer Wrestling Thread - Stomping Grounds was fine. You don't need to watch it

https://twitter.com/maffewgregg/status/1142008264512724992?s=21

don’t think any of those are that bad really, apart from yer man doing a dexter gimmick actually calling himself dexter

1 Like

Tag urself I’m Joaquin Wilde

Yeah I agree. Not sure it matters a single bit what all these guys are named to the wider public who haven’t watched Ring of Honor for the last five years. I mean, Daniel Bryan should have been Bryan Danielson and it certainly did him no harm being stripped of his indie name. Areany of them are even that dreadful or generic compared to names of people that have succeeded? Not sure a single one of them had the name value to need to keep their old name either. That said, the Dexter one is very humorous.

They aren’t letting people keep their name because of AEW aren’t they? They stopped changing them recently but to rename them all feels like something they haven’t done in a fairly long while.

Jonah Rock is an awesome name. Should have let him keep that

don’t think this is true, they’ve been changing names the whole time (e.g. aleister black etc) unless they’ve felt there was enough name value to let them keep it

1 Like

Fair point

Yeah Samoa Joe and AJ Styles have a bit more name recognition than Jonah Rock and ACH

1 Like

Stomping Grounds was fine, matches were mostly fine - good. Can’t say there is anything on here to go out of your way to see and the poor build meant that despite being fundamentally good in ring I gave very little shits the whole time

Really concerning that a match with Rollins gets hijacked by the fans, make your crowds care about your main events wwe.

Dear WWE,

Please stop putting Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans in the main event.

Signed,

Everyfuckingbody

1 Like

I mean wwe do arguably have the best roster top to bottom in the world. Its everything else that stinks

2 Likes

They also have the undisputed best (non) wrestler in the world in Shane McMahon.

5 Likes

Apparently vinny mac has enforced a rule that no wrestling can happen during commerciala and that they need to find other ways to kill time between commercials. Fucking ell i feel for people watching raw and smackdown tapings, already the worst live wwe experience before this happened

*Miz’s dad

Word on the street is to make this happen he wants WWE to move to the old BritWres format of wrestling in rounds

well, I, for one, rather enjoyed Stomping Grounds (though the main event was a bit silly). Even Reigns vs Drew was far better than it had any right to be!

Seth has been giving it the big one on Twitter saying he’s the best, most consistent wrestler in the world.

Obviously forgot about his last two PPV matches…

2 Likes

OH YAY

Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans are in the main event of Extreme Rulez.